News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Please bear with me, Im asking a genuine question.

A few weeks ago I was diagnosed by my GP ( over the phone ) with a viral infection which attacked the nerves and muscles, rendering me pretty much unable to move. Ive been taking antibiotics and although they have helped, Im still struggling to recover some 6 weeks later. From recent conversations with a number of people it seems I'm far from being the only person to be affected with very similar symptoms.

Ignoring the usual aches and pains which I expect at my age, this virus has all but wiped me out, and shows no real signs of abating.

Im just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a similar condition in recent weeks ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Fortunately no and no one I know has it either.

I do hope you soon get over over it as it sounds really nasty :(

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
SO FAR SO GOOD but then some things just come out of the blue, hope you shift it soon. :shock: :?

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Poor you Moley, you don't need this now. Hope you're better soon. x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
My Mum has been fighting a particularly nasty bladder infection for the last Month or so and is on a long term course of anti biotic.

Not heard about any other viruses doing the rounds though..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
I think it's caled the conservative partnership virus
It bleed you dry , but still pours money away abroad
It mutated from the labour virus , that poured it into the Olympics , when we were broke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
No Moley. Sounds bad you poor thing. My dad got a very nasty one last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 am
Posts: 1806
Moley, you have my fullest sympathy. I honestly wish you well, and soon. I know something of what you are going through.

I have suffered from regular bouts of bladder and prostate infections for the last 12 years. Rarely going any longer than about 3 months before another flare up occurs. I recently had to endure a 6 week coarse of very strong antibiotics. Very nasty stuff; the 'cure' makes you feel worse than the original condition – inside and out. Some of the side-effects these antibiotics produce can be quite disabling. I am now on a daily small dose of antibiotics as a prophylactic, to try to prevent a further flare up. The long term side effects are, the antibiotics gradually weaken our own immune system.

On the plus side, I know of a man who has been prescribed a low dose antibiotic as a prophylactic for over 13 years. He's fine as long as he doesn't forget to take his daily pill.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I feel for both of you, being on long term medication is no fun. My Mrs is similar, I had to get one of those black and yellow Stanley divider boxes from B&Q to store and separate all her pills. And, every compartment has something in it.

All I can remember is:

Tramadol (pain)
Co-Dydramol (pain)
Aspirin (heart)
Flecanoid (heart)
Thyroxin (Thyroid)
Bisopral (gastric)

... plus another 2 or 3 I can't remember as I'm in the office

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
My mum and dad are on all sorts too... looks like a sweet shop when all the pills are being sorted!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke