jane wrote:
I think Cameron is way more bonkers than Thatcher ever was !!!
I think 'bonkers' is being too polite because it implies almost innocent stupidity. Cameron is not innocent, and neither is he stupid, he knows precisely what he is doing. As did Blair and Brown; as would Miliband, Balls, Clegg, Cable, Alexander. I think 'Wicked', in its strictest meaning, would be a more accurate description of all of them.
Thatcher was very largely naïve. She was so transfixed on restraining union power that was unleashed by the previous Labour Government that she failed to see the dangers of globalisation, and the evil that is the EU. When Thatcher did begin to realise the wickedness that is globalisation and the EU, her own cabinet traitors stabbed her in the back.
The despising and anger that is currently being expressed towards Thatcher would be better being positively directed towards the current occupiers of both Front Benches in Parliament, Government and Opposition Front Benches. You can be sure that the LibLabCon hates we ordinary folk.