News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Spotty ones? The nice young man that served us certainly didn't have spots :D

They were just setting up the number plate cameras when we were there and there are big notices everywhere saying there is a 1.5 hour limit on the length of your stay there. I can't imagine staying there any longer than half an hour or so


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
I'm a total convert can't keep away from the place


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
It's funny. The first ever Lidl I went in was the one that was built on the former Waitrose site on the Uxbridge Road. I didn't like it at all. Firstly, as I walked throught the door, the shop stank! A nasty musty smell. It could just have been that somebody washed the floor with a smelly mop maybe.

Then, to make it worse, I tried a couple of "testers" of their cheap aftershaves. BIG MISTAKE! I couldn't get rid of pungent smell of cheap aftershave for hourse afterwards!!

The strange thing is, I went quite a few times to a Lidl in the Norfolk town of North Walsham when my folks were still up in Norfolk. I used to love going there, excellent shop!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
I have been in the one in Norfolk , its nice
but the one in Pinner ,is a dump


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Try the Uxbridge one. It is nice and clean and they even take pictures of your car number plate as you enter and leave :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke