News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Pam wrote:
So it does look like they've always been 'Porage' and even kept the spelling when taken over by Quaker!

http://www.scottsporage.co.uk/the-scott ... ritage/#10





I guess you can say "I cheated a little". I knew this from the time, I used to work for Quakers. :roll:

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
:D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Batty bat wrote:
Pam wrote:
So it does look like they've always been 'Porage' and even kept the spelling when taken over by Quaker!

http://www.scottsporage.co.uk/the-scott ... ritage/#10





I guess you can say "I cheated a little". I knew this from the time, I used to work for Quakers. :roll:





But, Do you know why? It called porage and not porridge.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
No. Do tell! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I would like to know too


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Two reasons,
One, saves ink,
Two, there wouldn't be enough room for "oats" on the shield, if they put "porridge" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
:roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
do you put sugar or salt on it?

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
On the box, just ink and glue.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Scott's ****** Oats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke