News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 3:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Sunshine wrote:
Is the underpass still there? I used to use it a lot back in the 60s


Just looked on Google Earth, It is still in use.
:D

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Thanks Brian (I could have done that for myself)

:D

A lot of underpasses have been shut for safety reasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 pm
Posts: 221
What underpass, I can't remember.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
rexy wrote:
What underpass, I can't remember.


A tunnel linking Station Approach to Blythe Road. The buses used to stop in Blythe Rd.
:D

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Sunshine wrote:
Thanks Brian (I could have done that for myself)

:D

A lot of underpasses have been shut for safety reasons.


Try Google Earth from the same spot as the photo was taken.
:D

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Batty bat wrote:
Kremmen wrote:
So what was "VIROL" in the photo ?

Never heard of it



VIROL......a malt extract.
If I remember correctly, it was thick and gooy like peanut butter. Eaten from a spoon full each day. I believe it was given out by the clinic, along with a bottle of orange juice.
Do I have that correct?



I remember Radio Malt (large bottle and a tablespoon at a time) and the orange juice from the clinic near the Corinth.
:D

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
My parents bought Virol for us but we all hated it so never got it again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Don't know if this will work. Streetview as on my phone:

https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/? ... 05839,,0,0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 pm
Posts: 221
Sunshine wrote:
Thanks Brian (I could have done that for myself)

:D

A lot of underpasses have been shut for safety reasons.

OOO! did not know that was there, don't think I would walk thru it in daylight let alone nighttime, I worked at Dawley works the other end of Blythe road.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I used to go through there at lunchtime and again after work at 5.30. I never gave it a thought in those days but wouldn't go there now.

I have just taken a look on Streetview and seen the tunnel. They've tried to make it look OK with a couple of trees but I still wouldn't go there on my own now.

You can see the building I used to work at in the distance on the bridge. I haven't been to Hayes for a very long time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke