News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21789759

I went to the Harrow office in November who were very helpful with a tax problem so complicated, a telephone conversation would not have been able to clear it up.

OK, they are saving £13m, but they will also probably be able to hang on to £millions more too by obstructing - indeed, removing this help. Disgusting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
HMRC have by and large forced the application of all their rules onto the taxpayer.

Unless you are on PAYE then you have to work out how much you pay submit your tax return and do both by Jan 31st every year (online) Or get an accountant to do it. (My preferred option).

The accountant sends in the returns online and I settle the tax bill by using my debit card online as I would any other purchase.

If I don't do this then I am liable to be fined and to pay interest on what I owe them.....

The onus is on me to do pretty much everything, I have a choice to employ a professional or not.

If I screw up they can fine me anyway, with no advice there are much more chances of screw ups= more revenue for the Government.

Same reason why they have backtracked on minimum alcohol pricing due to the loss of revenue for the Exchequer....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke