Kremmen wrote:
Sunshine wrote:
I'm not one to use a hosepipe although Mr Sunshine often tops up the fish pond in the summer with it. Oh, and he also uses the pressure washer to tidy up the garden with it too.
John you have put forward a good argument for getting that dishwasher when we organise our kitchen later this year. I enjoy watching the birds on the bird table while I wash up though.
Is that where the pressure washer comes in to clear the garden?

I had a number of cats 5 or 6 I think (none of my own, I don't own any) which took great delight in using my gravelled area around my conservatory as a toilet.
I tried everything, curry powder (the really really hot stuff from the market in Southall), ultra sonic cat scarer's even tiger poo which I was (believe it or not) able to get from ebay. Nothing worked.
Then one day I set up an IP camera to overlook the area and ran the feed to a monitor on my desk and I put the pressure washer in the kitchen and left the window open.
After about an hour on the first day along comes cat one, after the obligatory scratch about in the gravel it settled it haunches down to do what cats do best, then bam it never knew what hit it. It went down the garden like an exocet missle.
Over the course of the next few days I was able to get all of them. It solved the problem as there is nothing like the fear of death (from high pressure water) to keep cats from dumping in your garden.
On the water related note pressure washers don't really use all that much, it looks like they do as it is ejected at high speed.