News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
I was right to hibernate then! (Got my laptop though!)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
***UPDATED THURSDAY NOVEMBER 22ND 2012 @ 0800 Hrs***

Well after all the warnings I posted yesterday regarding todays outlook, I suspect some of you will be wondering what all the fuss was about. So far this morning it just looks like another ordinary late Autumn day, with a slight breeze and some cloud scurrying overhead. Its whats waiting out in the wings just to our west that we need to keep a close eye on though.

This pesky liitle weather system has been upgraded in the last few hours by folk more educated than me, and while its taking its time reaching our region, it does not look like arriving with a whimper.

The good folk over at TORRO ( Uk based TOrnado and Storm Research Organisation ) have issued the following:

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

I will be leaving for work shortly, so unable to post any updates for the rest of today, but my advice is as before, keep an eye and ear on local tv and radio weather forecasts during the day.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I don't understand a word of what they've posted over there :shock:

I'll stay indoors just in case though

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Kremmen wrote:
I don't understand a word of what they've posted over there :shock:

I'll stay indoors just in case though


Lol. To be honest Kremm a lot of the technical stuff goes right over my head as well but in a nutshell later today its going to a bit volatile !!

Moley :?

Edited by Moley at 10am. Was going to work but a dizzy spell has knocked me sideways. :(

Some of the terms used in that link I think I understand, but stand to be corrected.

Convection : Basically a build up of cloud formed by moisture in the atmosphere

Convergance : Surface winds meeting from opposing directions. Ie- NE-SW. Thats where the highest risk of damaging winds would occur as the two collide.

Misocyclone : Thats a term I have never heard before and I suspect it may be either a spelling error or a slighly different take on the word mesocyclone, which is a vortex of air within a storm system such as the one approaching us now.

One fact I learned today which quite suprised me is that November is the likeliest month of the year for tornadoes in the UK. Apparently November 23rd 1981 saw the largest recorded outbreak, with 105 tornadoes reported that day.

Another often unknown fact is that the UK has one of the highest rates of tornadoes per square mile than any other country in the world, including the USA. Thankfully ours are on a far smaller scale, and so often go unnoticed or reported.

Iv'e just realised how geeky Im beginning to sound, so I'll sign off !!

Moley :ugeek:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Hope youre okay moley !!

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Image

:D

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Kremmen wrote:
Image

:D




Another model! :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
^^ Lol. Titter ye not as the legendary Frankie Howard would say !!

That vicious looking weather front has formed, and its currently sweeping through the west country and heading our way.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Now laugh.

Moley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke