News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
^^ Oh dear......you really are a jinx on the weather Kremm !

In a recent post I mentioned 2 Low Pressure systems affecting our weather over the weekend. The first one was responsible for the torrential rain we had here in London and much of the South East yesterday morning. It was also responsible for the snowfall further west, with up to 3 inches of snow reported from a number of locations in Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset.

The second Low is now winding itself into an interesting little feature with its centre currently over Cornwall ( 7am Monday November 5th ). Ive just seen a report confirming this has just dumped between 2 and 6 inches of hail in the Torbay area of Devon around 5am today. I hope for Kremms sake this small, but vicious little system doesn't make its way to us later today. Fingers crossed eh ?!?

During the night fog descended on Heathrow for a couple of hours, but this had all but gone by the time I made my way home from work at 6am. Blown away by the winds from this approaching secondary Low I suspect.

Keep those reports coming in please folks, they really are useful in guaging whats happening/about to happen in the next few hours.

Happy Monday. Moley 8-)


Edited by Moley at 10am.

Kremmen you are in luck. This mornings Low is heading south, so France gets it. Your patio doors should be safe.....for now at least.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Been and gone, needs to come back Thursday with some bits = how's Thursday lunchtime looking ? :D

All in all though, it is November, what do we expect ?

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
You should be ok today Kremm, it looks like remaining dry at least.

To be honest the outlook for the next few days is a real mish-mash, with none of the major computer models able to pinpoint a trend. Its all but impossible to make predictions with a set up like this, hence I wont even try.

My guess ( and it is a guess ) for now is that maximum daytime temperatures will stick at around 9-10c ( 48-50f ) for a few days, and I doubt we will get any frosts during that time.

Sorry to be so vague. Moley :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Hope you're okay Moley !!! Missing your posts x

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Ditto.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Awww, thank you both, and I apologise for my recent lack of posts. Its been a combination of things really. Ongoing health problems and the fact the weather really hasn't been doing too much to write about just lately !!

I will try and do a more detailed outlook as soon as I can but in brief, this week looks like turning more unsettled than of late, with spells of wet and windy weather crosssing the country ( including London and The South East ) throughout the week.

Daytime temperatures should be in the region of 9-11c ( 48-52f ) for the beginning of the week, becoming slightly cooler towards next weekend, but always feeling quite chilly as the winds pick up. This should at least prevent a repeat of the fog and slight frosts some areas experienced last week, and although still most cloudy, it won't be that stagnant blanket of grey gloom that hung over us for much of the last 7 days.

Once again thank you both, and thanks to everyone who reads and/or posts here. ( 7800 views for this thread !! ).

Moley ;)

Edited by Moley : On a side note is anyone else experiencing problems using IE9 on this and some other websites ? Screen keeps freezing, meaning having to constantly close the aapplication and start again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I gave up on IE years ago and I use FireFox now.

Google Chrome has evolved and now has 'apps' just like your phone.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Awww ...... glad you're okay (ish) and thank you for the weather update. I do like to know whats going on - and I dont bother with the newspaper predictions any more - yours are far more accurate :-)

I also dont use IE because I have problems - I use firefox all the time now. Chrome is meant to be good but not on my laptop it isn't :-(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
***UPDATED TUESDAY NOVEMBER 20TH 2012 @ 10:15PM***HEAVY RAIN***

It doesn't need me to tell you that its currently raining heavily across parts of the South East, particularly London and to the west of it. Further south and east Sussex and Kent seem to be missing it altogether. ( For now at least )

However, what I can tell you from looking at the current radar and following live updates from several weather websites is that there is a lot more to follow through the rest of Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning. Rainfall totals for some areas in our region could be between 20-40cms by the time this has passed through. Localised flooding is possible.

I know for a fact the Met Office have issued a warning about this, but I find their new fangled website infuriatingly difficult to navigate, and full of contradictions, and I say that as someone who generally praises them. For that reason I won't post a link to it, but will issue a warning of my own.

**LOCALISED FLOODING POSSIBLE IN LONDON AND THE SOUTH EAST FROM MIDNIGHT TUESDAY UNTIL MIDDAY WEDNESDAY**

For those of you doing the Wednesday morning commute I would advise you to stay tuned to local radio stations for traffic and travel updates. Driving conditions may be difficult.

Looking just a bit further ahead, there are increasing signs of a further weather development affecting London and The South East on Thursday/Friday. A vigorous Low Pressure system seems to be forming to our south, close to the Bay of Biscay. Current models show this heading our way, bringing further heavy rain and potentially strong winds. Gusts of up to 40mph inland, and 60mph on Southern Coasts are possible.

As always with the weather this could all change, but it's just an early heads up from current information available. I will try and keep this information updated on a regular basis.

Thank you for reading. Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Thanks Moley !! It certainly is wet and nasty out there tonight :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke