News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Disposal of furniture
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
I have several items of furniture I need to get rid of ( 2 sofas and a matress ) so I phoned the council yesterday to arrange collection.

I don't have a problem with the £15 fee, but Im not happy with the fact that I have to physically move the items myself because I cant. Thats the whole point of me asking the council in the first place. Apparently whoever is responsible for collecting these items is not allowed inside my property, despite the fact I have given my permission to do so.

When I explained why I was physically unable to move the items myself, I was told that since Im not over 65 years of age or officially registered as disabled, I should seek help elswhere....ie: neighbours.

Thanks LBH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Got a saw ?

Give them more pieces to shift

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Only allowed a maximum of 4 items kremm !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
What about advertising them on freegle?

I just advertised a fridge freezer and a display cabinet on there for a friend and they are being collected on Friday ( no charge)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Or a charity shop who may well be only to happy to collect...

Barnado's do furniture or at least used too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
The Yeldall Shop Tel: 020 87979505
5-7 Willow Tree Lane
Fax: 020 87978505
Hayes
Middlesex
UB4 9BB

These people used to collect furniture for charity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 280
They still do a neighbour used them last month


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Or - if you happen to see the LBH guys - ask them and they'll do it privately :-)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Sunshine wrote:
The Yeldall Shop Tel: 020 87979505
5-7 Willow Tree Lane
Fax: 020 87978505
Hayes
Middlesex
UB4 9BB

These people used to collect furniture for charity



I tried them once. They wanted good quality with the fire stickers/labels in place. I assured them the stuff complied but they seemed apathetic and never turned up. I paid my £19 and got the council to collect. I'm sure it was £19

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Thanks for the replies all.

Thing is these are items that need disposing of, not suitable for charity shops etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke