News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Westfield is a horrible place ..... and so expensive !! I don't like The Chimes in Uxbridge but don't mind the Pavilions. We went to Belfast - went to the shopping centre and it's identical to The Chimes. Exactly the same shops, same lay out etc. Boring ......

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
They generally all are the same these days.

I've never been or even had any intention of going to Westfield. I did hear of some shop that sold Ugg boots having bouncers on the front door to limit customers !!!

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Last edited by Kremmen on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I've never been to Westfield either - it just doesn't appeal to me.

Now that I have finished working in Uxbridge I wonder how often I'll go shopping there? We went last week to buy two or three items and were there no longer than half an hour. I do most of my shopping online these days (I got in the habit when I was on crutches and couldn't walk far and it stuck)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
jane wrote:
Westfield is a horrible place ..... and so expensive !! I don't like The Chimes in Uxbridge but don't mind the Pavilions. We went to Belfast - went to the shopping centre and it's identical to The Chimes. Exactly the same shops, same lay out etc. Boring ......


Yes, somehow The Pavilions is nicer and roomier than the modern malls.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Do you remember when they first built the Pavilions? The walkways were not closed in and in the winter it was really not nice to walk around there. You would get cold and wet. It is nice now and I often go there for my shopping not the Chimes.

(mind you they don't have Marks & Spencer, Wilkinson and Iceland in the Chimes :lol: )


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke