Nothing like a good story to bury another you don't want aired......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/9615992/Expenses-scandal-MPs-block-details-of-new-expenses.htmlQuote:
John Bercow has written to the expenses regulator warning him not to disclose official documents that show the identities of MPs’ landlords for “security” reasons.
Publication of the names, which was supposed to take place today, would expose the extent to which MPs are exploiting a loophole in the rules that allows politicians to rent their homes to one another. The loophole means that MPs can still effectively build up property nest eggs at taxpayers’ expense, despite official attempts to stop the practice following the expenses scandal.
Martin had to resign for covering stuff up like this!!!
These people cannot be trusted as far as you can throw them!!
A system can only take so much coruption before it destroys itself. We are now at this point! I can't think of any area of the economy what is not completely distorted due to corruption.
I am Mr Blue, the MP for Lowestoft.
You are Mr Green, the MP for Hereford.
We both have mortgages on London properties, but after the last expenses scandal we can't legitimately claim the mortgage payments.
So...
I live in your property. You charge me £2000 per month rent.
You live in my property. I charge you £1900 per month rent.
I use the £1900 to pay my mortgage*
You use the £2000 to pay your mortgage.
We both get our mortgage paid by the taxpayers, and are within the letter of the rules.
I think the same system would work equally well for MPs who have London constituencies, but perhaps on the main residence and not a second property.