News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:11 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I popped into Westfield on the way to work this evening. Is it just me, but I can't stay in those sorts of places for very long.

If this is the future of shopping, how depressing. Give me a good town centre any time, yes even with the weather and traffic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Places like Westfield and Bluewater are artificially high on prices. I don't mind the likes of Harrow or Uxbridge though.

In fact I'm being dragged off to Harrow today to be present carrier. I can expect the usual scenario of having to sit it out in all the clothes shops whilst she decides what not to buy and then going back to shop 1.

If the model shop is still there I may try and sneak off for a while :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Present carrier?? Is it someone's birthday?

Yes, Uxbridge isn't too bad size wise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I'm dragging my other half off to Watford today. I don't mind big shopping malls now and again and I haven't been there for a couple of years.

I have some vouchers to spend :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Jon wrote:
Present carrier?? Is it someone's birthday?

Yes, Uxbridge isn't too bad size wise.


nah, she carry too much, spine problem. Like to do my bit :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
as long as you manage carrying the wallet that's all that matters. :) :)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
If she's going can't I forget to take it ? :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I wouldn't advise that!

Watford was OK ish - coffee was lovely but the scones weren't very nice.

All we bought was a pack of toothbrushes from a weird store called Clas Ohlson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Not using electric yet ?

I had virtually no fillings since we switched to electric about 15 years ago. Brilliant things.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I don't like using electric brushes - I tried and then gave it away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke