I have just come home past an awful road accident outside Pangs on Long Lane, Hillingdon Circus.
It appears a car came out of Granville Road, turning right into Long Lane without giving way and struck a car. The 1st car sped off an hit two people - possible a couple - who were cross at the pedestrian lights. The woman struck by the car was thrown onto the pavement, but the man was thrown from the road, across the pavement onto the service road outside Pangs. There seems to be a 3rd car with damage and blood on it
It's an awful mess, with blood on part of the road and down the back of one of the 3 cars
Thankfully I missed the worst of it, but have just spent an hour calming down a neighbour who witnessed the whole thing. It's even shaken me up and I didn't see a thing!
A policeman has just told me that "it's all gone bad, so we need to widen the cordon". I asked him had one of the couple died, to which he replied "something like that'.
I cant see Long lane being open before the rush hour, so I'd avoid if you were planing on using it. So very sad
*Edit* The rumour is that 2 are dead - but that may just be idle gossip from shocked locals
