News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 6:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Such a great sucess story Moley!
I an also on painkillers for the knee that hasn't been replaced yet!
They are Co-dydramol and Naproxen(which has just been prescribed instead of the Diclofenac I'd been on for ages....... (apparently Naproxen has less side affects so I'm told.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I've been taking Naproxen for years - it works for me and I take it on an empty stomach with no ill effects.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
I feel sorry for you all , i am so gratfull , never to have been is hospital , and never been ill , thank god


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I've never really been ill either John, I just suffer with arthritis and life is easier if I take pain killers for it.

I had an operation in January this year and stayed in hospital for just a few hours for that. (Not Hillingdon, luckily) The operation was on the NHS as was the excellent aftercare I received - I just couldn't fault it. I am now able to walk again (pain free and not limping). I was on crutches for three months but it was worth it.

The NHS provided me with crutches, a walking frame, several plaster casts and an aircast boot - oh and a shed load of drugs - they were brilliant.

:D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Sunshine wrote:
I've been taking Naproxen for years - it works for me and I take it on an empty stomach with no ill effects.


Sounds good to me Sunshine!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Fortunately not all Hillingdon is/was as bad as Kennedy ward. Drayton ward was considerably better.

Just to add insult to injury, when she was eventually discharged from Kennedy ward she was given no time to dress and was escorted to the new (last year) 'departure lounge' which is situated at the rear of the hospital and she was expected to dress in a small cubicle which she found impossible on her own. They couldn't wait to get at her bed once given the OK to leave.

She had to sit around this semi public 'lounge' in her dressing gown and wait for me to arrive and help her. Then we had to wait another hour for the raised toilet seat and bath bench because Kennedy hadn't ordered them.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
^^ Thats very poor on all counts Kremmen. I,ve always been able to get dressed at my hospital bedside with the curtains drawn round. As for the equipment, on both occasions itr has been delived to my flat by MedeQuip prior to me going into hospital.

Oh, and the name of the patches Im on is Buprenorphine. Might be worth enquiring about them. Ive varied between the 10 & 25mg strengths.

Best wishes to you both and hope your wife makes a full recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I hope your on the road to recovery M as I can only imagine what it's like to be in and out of hospital as a patient.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Kremmen wrote:
I hope your on the road to recovery M as I can only imagine what it's like to be in and out of hospital as a patient.



Ditto. Keep your chin up Moley!

And the same to you and your wife Kremmen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Oh the irony.

Since my last post singing the praises of Diclofenac I was reviewed by my GP today and after 3 years I've been taken off it with immediate effect and put on........Naproxen.

If I may quote the words of that legendary Motown group The Temptations........" Around and around and around it goes, where its all headed, nobody knows......its just a Ball of Confusion ".

Moley :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke