News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
And it hasn't rained today! But keep it to yourself at the moment just in case............... ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Badminton Girl wrote:
As mentioned in another thread the hillingdon area is looking good for the weekend according to my ipod app.

How accurate do you think this is?


Well looking back on the post I made on Tuesday May 8th BG, I said then that this weekend should see a brief respite from the very unsettled weather of late, and I stick with that prediction based on everything currently showing up in the weather patterns. I even predicted a bit of sunshine, and slightly warmer temperatures, and for London and The South East at least I think thats a fair summary.

It should remain dry for most of our region, and the mercury may reach the dizzy heights of 16-17c ( 61-63F ). If you can stay out of the northerly wind it could actually feel quite pleasant. Make the most of it though because by Monday Low Pressure wants to take control again, bringing more rainfall and falling temperatures for much of the week.

Thanks to everyone for reading and posting, and have a great weekend.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Well overall it was a fairly pleasant weekend here in London and The South East, and long overdue to be honest. Official figures for Northolt confirm it got a bit nippy overnight (2.6c ) but reached 17c on Sunday afternoon, with some decent amounts of sunshine.

The coming week again looks like being fairly unsettled, but hopefully not as wet as the last few weeks have been.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Just a very brief update for now, but this weekend seems to be another mix of fairly unsettled weather. Saturday is not looking too bad, Sunday will see more in the way of rain.

The week ahead is attracting some interest though. There are signs that here in London and The South East we may just see some signs of a gradual improvement, as warmer temperatures threaten to head our way. Its still a few days off yet but we could possibly reach the low to mid 20's C ( 70-75f ) by midweek.

For now though my eyes are firmly fixed on Munich !!

Have a good weekend whatever the weather, and thanks for reading and posting.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I do so hope you're right. This is the gloomiest May I've ever known.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Jon wrote:
I do so hope you're right. This is the gloomiest May I've ever known.



You are not wrong Jon. Official figures confirm its been a lousy month so far here in London and the South East.

http://www.climate-uk.com/page2.html

22% of average sunshine, 200% of average rainfall, in the first half of May. Things are looking up though as we enter the last week of the month. Temperatures heading upwards and possibly reaching 25/26c ( 77/79f ) but there are signs of a thundery breakdown later in the week.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Moley wrote:
.................The week ahead is attracting some interest though. There are signs that here in London and The South East we may just see some signs of a gradual improvement, as warmer temperatures threaten to head our way. Its still a few days off yet but we could possibly reach the low to mid 20's C ( 70-75f ) by midweek.........

Moley 8-)


^^ Posted last Friday ( May 18th ) but it seems I under-estimated the temperatures by a few degrees !!

Official temps for Heathrow so far this week are:


Monday : 16c ( 61f )
Tuesday: 25.7c ( 78f )
Wednesday: 27.2c ( 81f )
Thursday: 27.0 ( 81f )
Friday : ?? .....Well just in time for the weekend it looks as though temperatures will drop by a few degrees , but the outlook is not too bad for London and The South East. It should remain fairly settled, though feeling cooler with an easterly breeze so I expect temperatures of around 19-22c ( 66- 72f ) depending on your location.

I'm using up some annual leave, so I'm heading off to Sunny Sussex for a few days, confident that the weather will be fine for most of the time, though I am looking forward to the prospect of the occasional thunderstorm in the next few days.

Thanks for reading and posting as always, and I wish you all a good weekend.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Using up annual leave?

You've only just gone back :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Kremmen wrote:
Using up annual leave?

You've only just gone back :)


Lol. Well spotted Kremm and you are indeed correct. I had booked this period of leave over 6 months ago as I was booked on one of the UK Storm Chaser groups to the USA. I was due to fly out to Denver on Wednesday. The group have gone without me, but Im following their progress online.

I was going to cancel my leave but the forecast here persuaded me otherwise. I just hope I have called it right !!

Moley 8-) 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Just a quick 'heads up' from me this evening. Monday is showing some significant potential for thunderstorms to develop during the afternoon, most likely to the north of London.

Moley


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke