News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
I thought I would put this in Light Chat as an appropriate place for my personal bit of good news. Feel free to skip over and ignore it if you want, I can understand that.

The last 12 months have been a personal nightmare where it seemed everything that could go wrong did go wrong, then multiplied. I won't go into the details but suffice to say that following a long bout of ill health I was within a whisker of losing my job and all that goes with it.

At about the 11th hour and 55 minutes with the clock still ticking, a friend, and a neighbour intervened and within 3 days between us we turned my whole life around. Almost a year to the day since I last set foot ( and broken hip !! ) in my workplace, I am about to return to work on Thursday May 10th 2012 and I cannot begin to explain how good that feels.

I sometimes thought that a light at the end of the tunnel meant a train was coming the other way, but not any more.

Some of you will know my passion for weather, so I can hopefully share a little piece of my current sunshine with you.

Thanks for reading as always.

Moley 8-) 8-) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Glad you've got a neighbour like that. Round my way they keep themselves to themselves and never keep promises.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
I am pleased for you as life is hard enough as it is, when thing are are normal, hats off to your employer, 12 months is a long time to hold a job open nowadays, I hope things return to normal very soon for you, and get back into the rhythm. ;) ;)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
What good news! Well done Moley

I've recently returned to work after a 15 week illness and it feels fantastic to be back in the old routine. I can't imagine being off for a whole year ......


:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Soo pleased for you Moley! x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Good on ya Moley
:D

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Thank you all for the good wishes.....its like being among friends here and its really appreciated. Jim is right about my employer, to hold my job open for this long is exceptional in this day and age. I would happily name them and give fulll credit where its due, but they have a strict code regarding social media and websites.

Whatever your circumstances, I wish you all the very best.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Moley wrote:
Thank you all for the good wishes.....its like being among friends here and its really appreciated. Jim is right about my employer, to hold my job open for this long is exceptional in this day and age. I would happily name them and give fulll credit where its due, but they have a strict code regarding social media and websites.

Whatever your circumstances, I wish you all the very best.

Moley 8-)



:D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
Moley

Congratulations to you on your return to work. It's now 5:38pm - How did you get on with your 1st day back????? Have you enough energy to log on!!?!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Good News
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
SOT wrote:
Moley

Congratulations to you on your return to work. It's now 5:38pm - How did you get on with your 1st day back????? Have you enough energy to log on!!?!!


Hiya SOT and thanks for the message. Im pleased to report that I not only made the first day, but I also survived to tell the tale. If there is one minor downside its the fact I have initially returned on a Monday-Friday 9-5 basis while I complete all my retraining and accreditations ( normally I work permanent night shifts ). As such the traffic is a bloomin hassle, even though I leave from home in Northwood at 7am. A 15 mile journey which I can do in 30 minutes takes between 60-90 minutes in peak time. I see they are also resurfacing Eastcote Road from next Monday, for the next 3 weeks, which will make it even worse.

Enough of the negatives though, I am just so pleased to be back in the real world, and my first day went really well, I could not have asked for more. My work colleagues were great, my Manager was a beacon of help and encouragement and I took 2 online training courses, passed them both so have 2 certificates to show for it.

Despite the gloomy weather my world is suddenly a whole lot brighter. I wish the same for all the folk on this website and their families. Thank you all once again.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke