SOT wrote:
I am dismayed by a party so blinded by political correctness, who introduce a leadership voting system which is so accessible that the likes of Rich Kid are determined to mess it up. In the rush to weaken the unions influence on the labour leadership, that influence has been passed to extremist Tories like RK!! (you couldn't make it up!!)
Rich Kid - you and those trying to rig the vote are a disgrace to democracy. It would be amusing (albeit I accept, very very unlikely) if Corbyn was made leader then was involved in at least a coalition - or outright PM!!
However, the Labour Party must take the lions share or the blame for cobbling together this process. It really does show how leaderless and directionless they are - and makes the likes of me (who wants to support them), question if they are ready to govern. After all, if they can mess up this simple task, how on earth are they going to cope with running UK PLC?
I watched Harriet Harman on the TV tonight unconvincingly claiming she supports the process when all her body language was saying the opposite. I do feel a bit sorry for her having to clear this mess up, but she should come clean - admit its a balls up - and start again with the ballot
Surely it's no different from tactical voting.
Hold your nose and vote for a a party you disagree with purely to keep someone you disagree with even more from attaining power?
That is proper democracy. If enough people think Mrs Balls, Kendal or the Burnham bloke are a better option they are welcome to follow the same procedure join Labour and vote as they wish. Corbyn is different a conviction politician(good thing) with fresh ideas (good thing) which he is entitled to pitch to the electorate.
RK may think he has voted for the good of the Tories but Corybn does have significant support of his own. Not that I think he will be winning a General Election any time soon.
But stranger things have happened....
Sounds batty I know but I know people who will vote Corbyn for his policy not for any other reason.