News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: CCTV
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 am
Posts: 71
Help please, did read or hear, some bright spark in government is thinking of restricting the use of Home CCTV systems, something to do with people installing them for safety or lost faith in the police something on those lines.

Does it also apply to the growth of Government CCTV & local authority ones, which now seem to be everywhere, these days


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I'm not sure but I've a vague idea that at the moment you're supposed to ensure your cctv is just monitoring your own property.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Yet when something happens they cry out for cctv footage.

Probably a peeping tom issue

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... bours.html

Found this dated Jun 2013! is this what you are talking about as it's not that new?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Sounds like what I've heard.

People are mounting outside cameras to monitor cars with the trend of damaged caused overnight. Others I suspect are monitoring back gardens of neighbours for other reasons.

I've got an interior camera with 'cloud' recording and email facility if it gets triggered when set and very good it is to.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 11:21 am
Posts: 71
Thanks, I will just go ahead & get the CCTV, can say I use it to look at the Birds, the ones on my Bird Table.

Have a Good New Year when it comes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
There's probably someone in Russia watching your cctv Kremmen!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CCTV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I saw those reports :D

Fortunately mine isn't a FosCam with default username and passwords. I opted for the Y-Cam HomeMonitor HD which forces a unique username and password. I can thoroughly recommend this camera as it allows you to setup 'monitor zones and times'. If anything moves you get an email and the footage is stored on HomeMonitors website for 7 days to view or download.

Best thing is is that there is no monthly subscription fee unless you want to extend the 7 days to 30 days.

On the odd occasion when I've setup a monitor timeframe and I've arrived home early I enter the room in a 'thought out' manner to give the daughter a chuckle as she is on the email list :lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke