|
Rexy, Wolf Rubber Co, that a name from the past, when I was a kid most of the work was done think you call it cottage industry, a truck used to come down the road dropping off bags of rubber to the mums in the road, the work they did was pull off the cuttings & bag them, loved it when they had the small rubber rings, they fitted our dinky toys just great. The mums lost the work when Wolfs went overseas for its workforce, word we heard did two shifts, one lot of workers would do days & the others night, meant the beds never got cold. Burtons, might have seen you, we played one in Hayes till moving across the road, think it was Working Mens Club where Iceland is now or it old age creeping up on me. Having spent time where you are located, yes I could be tempted to move, but one think good old England has managed to stop, armed police, I know we have in London & Airport, you do not see them tooled up on the street corners Yet.
|