Rich Kid wrote:
I have to say there is an undercurrent of anti-Americanism in this topic from some of my friends on here that I do not support and which I believe distracts us from the real threat - militant extreme Islamism. It is all too easy to lay the blame on the US and concoct all sorts of conspiracies and theories to support these suppositions and trawl the internet to find links that 'prove' these conspiracies and theories. I am not saying the US is blameless, or has always made the wisest of decisions, (which country or state is, or has?), but it is not the Great Satan portrayed by some. The Great Satan is fascist fundamentalist Islam that is seeking to destroy everything and everyone that stands in their way in their drive towards absolute power.
I disagree with the bulk of LibLabCon policies, and the general direction those policies are taking the United Kingdom – but that doesn't make me anti-British. From Heath to Cameron, no British government has been fully honest with the British people about the EU – so does that cast every Briton who disagrees with our being governed by the EU as anti-British?
I disagreed with Blair and Bush when they launched an unjustified war into Iraq. I saw no reason, and still do not see any reason for British involvement in Afghanistan. I disagreed with Cameron's support for military action in Libya. I disagreed with Cameron's, and Hague's attempt to get involved in Syria. I disagree with Putin being cast by the British Government as the aggressor over the Ukraine - does that make me anti-British?
I believe that British involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya – plus support for the so-called Arab spring in Egypt and Syria, have all aided the Islamic jihadists – does that make me anti-British?
My disapproval of foreign policy directed by Labour and the Coalition in no way ought to suggest that I am anti-British. Likewise, any disapproval of the policies of the Bushes and Obama should not necessarily label any disapprover as anti-American.
I am not anti-British, nor am I anti-American – but I am opposed to deceitful, dishonest and lying governments whose policies give every indication of aiding Islamic jihadists.
We constantly hear from British and American politicians that they are on the side of democracy. They tell us that their foreign policies are intended to encourage and strengthen democratic rule in those nations where dictatorships rule. But, and it is a very big BUT – so far all the so-called support for democracy in the Middle East by the West has resulted in total failure and massive loss of innocent life. To add to that total failure, Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East, is increasingly finding itself severely disadvantaged by the so-called 'democratic' West. The political hypocrisy practiced by the West is absolutely outrageous.
Over decades the LibLabCon have deliberately engineered open borders to the UK. All three main parties have turned a deaf ear to the cries of the general public, and warnings from clear-thinking politicians who have dared to speak out about uncontrolled immigration. Now we have 'British' jihadists serving in the Middle East for the advancement of the 'Islamic State' and an Islamic caliphate backed up by barbarism of the most extreme kind.
This whole current dangerous situation is the direct result of the actions and policies of British, European, and American politicians - who have acted against the best interests of all their patriotic populations.