Jon wrote:
I can't believe how thick some people are, going on about it being fake and a scam because she's not a real judge any more and the TV company pays any amounts she awards, as if we're being conned. I knew that already. Can't remember if I googled it in the past, or read about it somewhere, but I've known for years it worked like that and both parties have to sign a contract agreeing to accept her decision.
Its the US legal equivalent of Jeremy Kyle and his DNA tests.....
Great car crash TV if you want to see the great unwashed washing their dirty linen in public. Those who appear on Kyle also have to sign a contract and adhere to certain rules. All in the interests in providing so called entertainment to the masses.
Some years ago I was loosely acquainted with a lady from the Hayes area who had alcohol problems who appeared on Kyle. Her kids sponsored her appearance on the show in the hope it would break her reliance on alcohol.
All she was interested was the fee (and it is a quite modest £500 if memory serves me correctly) and you can guess what she spent that on.