News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
Thanks for the tip will keep an eye out for it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Moley wrote:
For anyone who likes fairs I highly recommend the annual Pinner Fair. Its been running for approximately 700 years and is protected by Royal Charter. Its only a one day event, and is fairly unique in being a true street fair even to this day.

http://www.pinnerlocal.co.uk/Company.aspx?cid=5544

It operates on a Wednesday, usually in late May or June, so keep an eye out for it BG.




Also Beconsfield fair. May 10th. Also been running for about 600 years. Tis on this day you are supposed to plant out you runner beans.


Also Amersham fair. October 18 & 19. Also been running for hundreds of years. Tis on the date you are supposed to pull you onions for drying

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Moley wrote:
annual Pinner Fair. Its been running for approximately 700 years and is protected by Royal Charter.

How have the locals put up with the noise all that time ? :? :? have they no homes to go to ? :o :roll:

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
They probably attend in shifts as they will need some kip in between events. :lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
;) I guess I asked for that the way I worded it !!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
There's a fair coming to Eastcote for 2 weeks. Went to it last year you pay once on entry. It's called Thunderpark. Field End rec March 29 - April 15. £8.99 admission or £5.99 for people too small to go on the scary rides. Field End rec HA4 9PQ


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
News on the fair front, looked pretty empty when I went to Argos, but I think the sun is trying to come out so I think that will make a difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Badminton Girl wrote:
.......... but I think the sun is trying to come out so I think that will make a difference.


I admire your optimism but I have my doubts. The cloud may be thinning a bit, but its still cloud and I don't think the rain has quite finished with us yet. Fingers crossed though.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 am
Posts: 464
Moley wrote:
Badminton Girl wrote:
.......... but I think the sun is trying to come out so I think that will make a difference.


I admire your optimism but I have my doubts. The cloud may be thinning a bit, but its still cloud and I don't think the rain has quite finished with us yet. Fingers crossed though.

Moley 8-)



Although the more reason to stay indoors and crack on with my job list then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I went to Argos this morning Badminton Girl. Did you see me?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke