Bermudan wrote:
What irks me about the EU are two things, firstly the parliament is nothing of the sort, it cannot propose or cancel legislation, merely rubber stamp it after it has been handed down by the unelected commission - this is completely undemocratic and the UK should not support this kind of institution. Secondly the grand scheme of 'ever closer union' is not something I want to be a part of, and political parties in the UK saying they are against it but going along with it anyhow.
It's UKIP all the way for me, I'm not interested in sham referendums which will be manipulated if they ever happen, with UKIP in power it with be straight to invoking Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty and we'll be on our way TYVM.
I agree with you Bermudan. There is also another major issue I have with the EU. The EU is criminal, it has not had its accounts properly audited and signed off in over 18 years. And the British Government continues to hand over taxpayers' money to this illegal organisation. I consider this to be malfeasance on the part of successive British Governments.
From:
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona ... alfeasanceQuote:
Malfeasance: The commission of an act that is unequivocally illegal or completely wrongful.
Malfeasance is a comprehensive term used in both civil and Criminal Law to describe any act that is wrongful. It is not a distinct crime or tort, but may be used generally to describe any act that is criminal or that is wrongful and gives rise to, or somehow contributes to, the injury of another person.
Not only are successive UK governments taking money off the 'taxpayer' and handing that money over to a foreign power that does not have the approval of the British people, it is an illegal foreign power. An action on behalf of successive British governments and their employees that is wilfully injuring every taxpayer in the land.