I attended a family party at the Airport Bowl yesterday (yes, I know I am too old and am suffering today!!).
Blimey - how that venue has changed - and not for the better

.
After parking in the dingy car park, you have to negotiate a dark pavement covered in broken glass before being confronted by two bouncers on the main door (Bouncers at a bowling alley???). After a search of handbags (for alcohol) and waiting 10 minutes to shell out £10 per person for two games, and another queue for the shoes - you are required to wade through a sea of rubbish (consisting of leftover food and food cartons strewn on the floor) to find the lane.
The lane broke down six times before we were 'timed out' despite not having a timed session. Grumpy and disinterested staff did fix the problem each time, but it was clear I was being a nuisance wanting anything from them. It was freezing cold in there - and the toilets were unfit for use by animals
I was so disappointed as it was a really nice night out many years ago. I am not sure whether the owners are incompetent, or whether they are running it down for closure as that ground must be very valuable that close to Heathrow. I wish I hadn't gone to be honest, as that will be my last visit there and it saddens me that it's gone downhill so badly.
Anyone else have any memories of the place??