News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 pm
Posts: 452
I am also very sorry to read about your sad loss, Kremmen. I would like to add my condolences.

From Marian


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Thanks all

It wasn't a complete shock and I still have the daughter (25) living at home so I'm not abandoned. We've discussed it a few times and we both agree that the amount of pain she was in and the other conditions it's a sort of cold comfort.

Just waiting for the 'ology reports for the reason but I'm not convinced they will find anything.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Wow, it's been a tough time for the Kremmen household. So sorry to hear all this and I add my condolences. It's good you have options for the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
yep, you don't get rid of me that easily :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 280
Westonman wrote:
Very sorry to hear your news Kremmen. I too would like offer my condolences.



Same here


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Thanks Chris :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 pm
Posts: 221
Retire as soon as you can, I am into 18 years retired always busy, many things yet to do. Love cruising the Carib, just bought a fixer upper on the Gulf Coast nearly finished.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm
Posts: 166
I also took early retirement. Like Jim, I don't think I could find the time to go to work, in fact. There's often day, where I don't seem to find time for lunch or breaks. I don't think there has been a single day when I wished I was still working.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I've given them 3 alternatives for next September:

1) Take my pension and work 2 days a week
2) Take my pension and work 3 days a week
3) Take my pension and goodbye
4) No 4th option, see above

I'm in a unique position of having the most business knowledge as I have worked in the industry as well as now providing business software for it. I could be wrong but I don't think the team has enough knowledge to let me totally disappear just yet and working 2 or 3 days a week for a year or 2 will keep me occupied and will top up my pension. I am finding that even working 2 days a week at home is not quite sufficient to run the house as I would like to.

My boss is going to push for option 1.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm
Posts: 166
But, how much of that two days, will be spent on fuel and tax? How much will you get out of it at the end of the day?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke