News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
I suspect the only thing this fraudster is ' mortified ' about is the fact he has been found out.

In yet another example of just how detached from real life these people are, he has been claiming tax-payers money to heat his stables. Think about that for a minute. Our hard earned taxes being used to keep an mp's stables warm, how re-assuring is that ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24887143


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
I am a civil servant and work for the Govt in Westminster - but sadly I am not an MP!.

My journey to work requires me to pass various homeless people sleeping in the street, I counted forty in a 20 minute walk last week, all within half a mile of Parliament. I bet they dream of a free heated stable

Meanwhile, my pay is lower than the industry norm and pay rises have been non existent over recent years. My job requires me to travel across the UK and stay in hotels. Due to various cuts, I now often have to use my personal current account to book travel/accommodation, and then claim the costs back.

My expenses are only due for actual expenses made during the course of my work. There is a strict auditing system when internal audit staff may swoop without notice and seize my expenses paperwork for scrutiny. I don't have a problem with that as it is public money and I am meticulous with what I spend and my record keeping.

If I was found to have claimed back (accidentally or otherwise) even £10 more than I should, I would be in trouble to the point of facing dismissal and Police action. I am 1001% sure that Police action and a prosecution would definitely follow if I misappropriated £4,000 - even if I offered to pay it back. Indeed, I would suggest that my employers and the Courts would see any such payback offer as an admission of guilt

So how come HMG can have strict and sensible controls on one side of Whitehall when they seem to be printing and distributing limitless cash down the road in the Palace of Westminster with seemingly very few controls?

Its almost as if there's one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us? Perish the thought!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Its not what you know, so much as who you know ! :|

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Quote:
In a statement issued on Saturday, he said: "I have been looking into this matter further and can confirm that all claims for heating fuel relate purely to my second home.

"However, I have made a mistake with my electricity claims.

"On investigation I have discovered that electricity for a mobile home located in the stable yard, and electricity for the stables themselves, was linked to my house.


In other words I am a slippery batsrad who only acted because I was caught. Spelling error was intentional...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
You should see the antics that our lot get up to.

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Brian wrote:
You should see the antics that our lot get up to.


Hardly surprising given their heritage!!

Its in the genes you know.. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
geezer466 wrote:
Brian wrote:
You should see the antics that our lot get up to.


Hardly surprising given their heritage!!

Its in the genes you know.. ;)


Take my advice and keep out of Earls Court Geezer. Just in case they recognise you ;) :D :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am
Posts: 545
Location: Western Australia
Picked by some of the best judges in England.
:lol:

_________________
When a crash seems inevitable, try to hit the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Half our MPs should be in prison along with their party leaders.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Brian wrote:
Picked by some of the best judges in England.
:lol:

the best that money can buy

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke