chris_guest wrote:
Did you work for safeways
No but the in-laws had one as their local. he would go round scanning things and also making a mental note of the cost to see if it added up, he was like a big kid.
The theory was that you then put the scanner into a receiver and paid what it asked.
As I said, the big problem that put it to bed was that they were trusting that you had scanned everything. To try and deter shoplifters they would pick people out at random to go through a normal checkout to 'double check'. People got so cheesed off with this that they abandoned the scanners in droves so they were forced to go back to checkouts.
I'm waiting to be asked/told to use a scanner because they have no checkouts open. I'll scan absolutely everything, get it to come to thousands and tell them they have an issue. I may even drop it and claim arthritis. I may also not scan anything blaming technology. Wonder if you can scan one of the 60" TV's that would obviously not be in one of the bags?
The possibilities for a play
