News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 8:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 am
Posts: 265
Batty bat wrote:
I also have some from the 50's early 60's. I won something small about about 10 years ago. I think it was about £10.

Well it appears your chances of winning are even slimmer now.

_________________
we're out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I think my one I've had since I was about 4 begins 5DZ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 am
Posts: 265
Jon wrote:
My dad's got a few and has worked out the the small prizes he's won have beaten keeping the money in a building society..


May I ask you,to ask your dad, if he still thinks the same ,after the changes made in july.Please

Image

_________________
we're out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I shall do that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
Sunshine wrote:
I keep hearing that it's not worth buying them unless you're in the 40% income tax bracket. I am still looking out for somewhere to stash some money where it will get 10% interest (that's how much the tax man thinks you earn on savings)

£25 on £200 isn't bad though


10% you will be lucky best I can find at the moment is 3% at Halifax and that is on a 3 year lockin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Crazy isn't it. They take considerably more in mortgage interest then pay out next to nothing. I reckon it's all to do with these PPI and CC mis-sold jobs they are having to shell out on.

I still wonder why the likes of the Nationwide, with no shareholders, can't wipe the floor with the others as they must have more available funds to play with?

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 64
I still have the very first bond I purchased, when they first came out, and yes, it came up once! It was the only one that paid out more than £25, but the occasional prize to my mind is more satisfying than the miserable interest available elsewhere.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
The Premium Bond draw has an almost % guarantee attached to it so how can it be a truly random draw as I thought it was supposed to be ?

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm
Posts: 166
Can you still buy premium bonds?
I still have mine from around 1955 - 60. I've never won anything. So I guess I'm losing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Premium Bonds
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 am
Posts: 265
Robongar wrote:
Can you still buy premium bonds?
I still have mine from around 1955 - 60. I've never won anything. So I guess I'm losing.

Yes you can still buy them BUT.... Their £100 Minimum and you get 100 Bonds

_________________
we're out


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke