News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 am
Posts: 1806
geezer466 wrote:
Always be aware this is the interests of big business here wanting to make ever more money. They will make the additional employment claims and to an extent they are true but all of this has to be balanced against the environmental damage it will cause.
I agree with you Geezer, but environmental damage and airports reveals the political hypocrisy, lies, and deceit that surrounds the environmental movement, and the impact it has on current politics and our daily lives.

School children are indoctrinated into believing that a mobile phone charger is a threat to the environment. We are that we should walk and cycle everywhere in order to save the planet. But ever-expanding airports and unrestricted flying are perfectly acceptable.

The countryside is being destroyed by the planting of practically useless and grossly inefficient wind turbines, while energy hungry airports are politically encouraged to expand. The car, one of the most efficient forms of family transport, is politically demonised as a monster earth killer that is supposedly seriously depleting the politically claimed dwindling oil reserves. Yet oil hungry and seriously polluting aircraft are politically acceptable to the supposedly environmentalist political elite, many of whom are technically and scientifically ignorant – with few of them ever having held down a proper job.

We are all having our access to essential energy supplies rationed by high prices in order to 'save the planet'. While many sick and infirm elderly, and young families, are put at serious risk by the political denial of essential and affordable energy supplies. Businesses are having their costs artificially and unnecessarily increased, with ever-rising costs and high unemployment being passed on to the end consumer. But airports and aircraft enjoy almost complete exclusion from any threat to the politically sensitive environment.

The hypocrisy of the environmentalist political elite is plain to see, and yet the political traitors continue to pour out their lies and take us all for fools. The king has no clothes, and an increasing number of us are prepared to tell him he has no clothes. And when the king recognises that sufficient of us know he has no clothes, then we can expect the king to get very angry indeed, and resort to extreme unpleasantness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
It would be completely cynical of me to suggest the first knock back was to give some credibility to the 'no, not here' movement.

This new scheme will be bigger and better (for BAA) than the old scheme and will get approval.

Boris knows the airport in the East is a no go but suggested it purely as a distraction.

Sounds like a political thriller doesn't it.

If I was John Le Carre (I am not) and I wanted to write a conspiracy thriller about highly controversial airport expansion in a high density urban area I couldn't have developed a better plan to get the boldest idea through could I.

Ever get the feeling you have all just been played?

Sounds incredible doesn't it but who could honestly put their hands on their hearts and say this has not been planned as thus.

Of course another complete co-incidence would be the unravelling of the red tape around public enquiries into the planning aspects as per Terminal 5 which took years to overcome. No such problem with runway 3.

Isn't at least one ex Labour minister on the board of BAA now?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
first you create a problem by uncontrolled immigration into the Country, then once the natives are settled down, create the need for them to escape into far off green spaces, vacated by those who now call England home, as a senior second class Englishman, rapidly losing faith in this once great land of my birth, no longer feel like calling it home, the pride I felt during the dark days of WW2, has left me with the feeling of why did we bother, in fact it would most likely have been better now, had we lost!

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
I know how you feel :(

Not that many years now and I'm off to the countryside

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Kremmen wrote:
I know how you feel :(

Not that many years now and I'm off to the countryside



To the countryside of a different country. I think it was probably the best thing I've ever done in my life. :D :D :D

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Kremmen wrote:
I know how you feel :(

Not that many years now and I'm off to the countryside

This was the countryside when my dad moved us out from Fulham in 1938

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
Batty bat wrote:
Kremmen wrote:
I know how you feel :(

Not that many years now and I'm off to the countryside



To the countryside of a different country. I think it was probably the best thing I've ever done in my life. :D :D :D



Surely that makes you an immigrant too :roll: :roll: :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
SOT wrote:
Batty bat wrote:
Kremmen wrote:
I know how you feel :(

Not that many years now and I'm off to the countryside



To the countryside of a different country. I think it was probably the best thing I've ever done in my life. :D :D :D



Surely that makes you an immigrant too :roll: :roll: :roll:


yep, if you cant beat them, join them.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
My In-laws are near Malvern and it's a different world. Rush hour is 4 cars doing 10mph under the speed limit :lol:

I remember driving through Pershore a few years ago at 07:00 and I was the only car on the road - bliss :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Heathrow Expansion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:38 pm 
Kremmen wrote:
My In-laws are near Malvern and it's a different world. Rush hour is 4 cars doing 10mph under the speed limit :lol:

I remember driving through Pershore a few years ago at 07:00 and I was the only car on the road - bliss :)


Were those four cars driven by an Etonian Tory MP, a New Labour MP, Nigel Farage and Billy Bragg :lol:


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke