News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
people using a mobile while paying should be refused
its just bad manors ,and anti social .
there should be a sign up in shops , saying please turn your mobile off , when at the till
eg please have your method of payment ready , and turn off your mobile when at the check out

anyway , dont people look stupid on there phones in shops anyway , i always feel such a fool , if mine rings in a shop , because i have forgotten to switch it off


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2355278/Jo-Clarke-Peaches-Geldof-Brian-Viner-says-mobiles-turning-people-rude-robots.html

Stupid ignorant woman who compounded her error when she ran to the DM with the Arse....

Sainsbury= massive fail for not supporting the checkout operator.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I totally agree. The customer was so rude!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
if the story is true
she was not rude , but very very thick and ignorant , as she see what she has done wrong
if i have to make a call , i go outside , or to a corner of the shop , so i wont be heard .
not walk around looking like a robot , do they realise how stupid they look on a phone in a shop etc


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
My phone has rung when I'm at a checkout and I've always ignored it. She was definitely rude! (probably ignorant too)

The people serving on the checkouts aren't robots and they deserve a little attention.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
I support the supermarket workers stance on the above article, but what I find even more annoying is when the boot is on the other foot.

I generally try and support small local stores with my business, and have lost count of the number of times I have been 'served' by an assistant who is jabbering away on the phone
( often in a foreign language it has to be said ) throughout the entire transaction.

What I find really offensive is when they have finished totalling up my bill, they point to the till displaying the price, and just hold their hand out for payment, all the while still chatting on their phone.

They have not acknowledged me in way shape or form as a living human being, let alone a paying customer. What I now do in these circumstances is leave the goods on the counter and walk away without giving them any of my hard earned money. I am polite enough to tell them exactly why though, not that they are listening or care.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:25 pm
Posts: 288
Petrol
garages are like that
Tome it's as anti social as spitting on the street


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1307
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23190261

Quote:
Sainsbury's apologised to customer Jo Clarke and offered her a £10 voucher, but many observers have said it should have backed its worker.

Those adding their voice to the debate include Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, who said on his weekly Thursday radio phone-in that he had "sneaking sympathy" with the checkout worker, although he also understood why Sainsbury's had to apologise to its customer.

However, Sainsbury's is privately offering the worker involved its full support.


Quote:
Despite the apology and the voucher from Sainsbury's, Ms Clarke has said she will be transferring her custom to a nearby branch of the rival supermarket Waitrose.


Not only is she ignorant, she is stupid enough to cut her nose off to spite her face.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Moley wrote:
I support the supermarket workers stance on the above article, but what I find even more annoying is when the boot is on the other foot.

I generally try and support small local stores with my business, and have lost count of the number of times I have been 'served' by an assistant who is jabbering away on the phone (often in a foreign language it has to be said ) throughout the entire transaction.

What I find really offensive is when they have finished totalling up my bill, they point to the till displaying the price, and just hold their hand out for payment, all the while still chatting on their phone.

They have not acknowledged me in way shape or form as a living human being, let alone a paying customer. What I now do in these circumstances is leave the goods on the counter and walk away without giving them any of my hard earned money. I am polite enough to tell them exactly why though, not that they are listening or care.


TOTALLY, TOTALLY AGREE!!!! And it's just as likely to happen when being served by home-grown, fluent English speaking ignoramuses too. Happens all the time. Along with that is the ignorance of the shop staff who talk to each other while one is serving you. In the worst cases, they're complaining about situations at work in front of you. Grrrrrrr. If I owned anything where staff served the public, I'd be sending out secret shoppers all the time to report back on how they were treated at the tills.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I think that if they can't treat you as a human being and talk to you then you should put the goods down on the counter and walk away. They would soon learn (especially if somebody deposited a large amount of shopping there)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke