News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Singing In The Lane
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Never again could I go through that! all the letters from Hollywood, and film companies, advertising agencies, etc its a wonder I managed to keep my modesty. :o :lol:

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Singing In The Lane
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:37 pm
Posts: 64
I too had my photo taken at Mellow Lane and I think it was on the same day as Marian's. I have it dated as taken on 25th June 1959. On the same day a photo was taken of the school choir, with Brian Trant and some of the sixth form boys who also sang with the girls on occasion. Both Marian and I are in the picture, and it can be seen on the photos section of this site. I hope I shall be able to attend Marian's talk and relive some of those memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Singing In The Lane
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 pm
Posts: 452
jim wrote:
Never again could I go through that! all the letters from Hollywood, and film companies, advertising agencies, etc its a wonder I managed to keep my modesty. :o :lol:


And there was I hoping you'd be a celebrity guest :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Singing In The Lane
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:06 pm
Posts: 452
davrob wrote:
I too had my photo taken at Mellow Lane and I think it was on the same day as Marian's. I have it dated as taken on 25th June 1959. On the same day a photo was taken of the school choir, with Brian Trant and some of the sixth form boys who also sang with the girls on occasion. Both Marian and I are in the picture, and it can be seen on the photos section of this site. I hope I shall be able to attend Marian's talk and relive some of those memories.


Thankyou for your support, Davrob. All gratefully received :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Singing In The Lane
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
There was a teacher at Yeading Lane junior school who was a real funny and cheerful guy always could make you laugh, then when I left to go to Mellow Lane early in 1942 he also moved there as a teacher, and immediately had a personality change, from a funny guy to a more serious type with a masochistic personality who remembers Mr Jerome? :o :o :shock: :(

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke