WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

South Ruislip charges
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=851
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  South Ruislip charges

I only spotted by chance the new rules for the South Ruislip tip:

Quote:
Building/DIY waste (soil, rubble, etc)

Charges from 1 October 2012: Waste from residents' building and landscaping works is no longer accepted free of charge at this site. Waste materials such as soil, rubble, plaster board, tiles, doors, windows, timber, bathroom suites, kitchen units, fencing, pallets, sheds, slabs, or similar, will be charged at a rate of £175 per tonne. The minimum charge for cars is £17.50 for up to 100kg. For other vehicles, the minimum charge is £35 for up to 200kg.

All other household waste is accepted free of charge. (The decision to introduce a charge for DIY and building waste has been made by the West London Waste Authority.)


I would imagine they will be ripping open your bags to see what's in them which will have a knock on effect of lengthening your visit. I also think this will increase roadside fly tipping of the above articles.

I'm not a trader but I do occasionally take small amounts of timber and laminate board - not any more. I'll cut it up into smaller pieces and hide it in normal bin bags. I'm not paying £17.50 to drive to the tip and then have an argument about whether my load is free or not !

Author:  chris_guest [ Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: South Ruislip charges

All waste sites introduced this charge, as you say will we see an increase in fly tipping

Author:  Kremmen [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: South Ruislip charges

At the end of the day we are doing them a favour by taking the stuff to the tip. To be charged £17.50 just because you have a bit of wood in a bag ain't gonna happen :)

Author:  jim [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: South Ruislip charges

Old saying where theres muck theres money, :o ;)

Author:  chris_guest [ Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: South Ruislip charges

I've noticed Rag and Bone men have made a comeback round here

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/