WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Parking latest from your caring council
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=333
Page 1 of 2

Author:  jim [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Parking latest from your caring council

Lots of private car parks like Council facilities, Harlington swimming pool, for one and shopping centres Lombardy for one, have handed over the running to some Cowboy outfit who take photo's then send out fixed penalties, so now the parking summons, fines, fixed penalties, etc are automated so the first you hear is a summons through the post, and a hopeless appeal system in place, so take notice, beware this lot want blood, matters not if you are disabled, no excuses stand and deliver, all part of extracting whatever you have, rich or poor, fit or disabled, you are worth the same cash fodder as the next guy. with Elections around the corner, is this what you want??? :o :shock: :(
the big question is just how confidential are the forms we are required to submit, ??? :roll: :roll:

Author:  Sunshine [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

Surely a private company can't fine you!

It will need to go to court.

Author:  Kremmen [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

I'm sure your right, it's just 'an invitation to pay' ?

Author:  jim [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

I think they have a payup or else clause, like £80 now, or pay more if you don't, they are as bad as the Council when it comes to extortion. like most things nowadays its an expensive gamble, personally if I saw a threatening sign up like that, I will take my custom elsewhere, that is the best collective remedy we would have, but it needs everybody not just me, and they know and rely on the fact we are all too lazy to bother, but once you do know, then don't return ever again, maybe, just maybe, when sales go down. its worth a try but will take a little time. ;) ;)

Author:  Jon [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

I don't pay any so-called fines to private companies. They get bored sending you scary letters after a while especially if you send a scary one to them!

Author:  gmr [ Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

jim wrote:
I think they have a payup or else clause, like £80 now, or pay more if you don't, they are as bad as the Council when it comes to extortion. like most things nowadays its an expensive gamble, personally if I saw a threatening sign up like that, I will take my custom elsewhere, that is the best collective remedy we would have, but it needs everybody not just me, and they know and rely on the fact we are all too lazy to bother, but once you do know, then don't return ever again, maybe, just maybe, when sales go down. its worth a try but will take a little time. ;) ;)


Perhaps sending a letter, or E-Mail, to the stores you were shopping at explaining why they will not receive your custom in the future might have a stronger effect; Read ` Taxes ' !!

Author:  Kremmen [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

I think the onus is on the private company to prove who was driving as the fine is levied against the driver not the car. You have no obligation to divulge who was driving to these people.

Once I heard about the Lombardy scam I made a note to never use it. I assume the shops there have got together to pay for this parking scheme?

Author:  jim [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

Sainsbury's loss, is a Tesco and Lidle gain. :roll: :roll:

Author:  Sunshine [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

Last time we went there we just popped into Game for him indoors to get something. I hadn't realised there was a parking patrol there (we parked in a disabled bay)

I try to obey the rules so I wouldn't normally be a target (I do have a Blue Badge by the way)

Author:  jim [ Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Parking latest from your caring council

I am not sure if a blue badge counts or not, I dont think it does even though you would be slower getting around. :roll: :roll:

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/