WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Car Horns
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1820
Page 1 of 2

Author:  john [ Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Car Horns

I cant understand why drivers use them , if in rage , if someone cuts you up , and there was no collision , whats the point
its better to slow down , let them past , better they are way in front of you .
If you see a car drifting a bit towards me , i slow down a bit .
When coming off a motorway , on a slip road , i give the cars in front space , just in case he changes lane , not overtake
Why do people over and undertake at a hazard , like a rounderbout etc , do they like accidents ?

Author:  Jon [ Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

It makes u feel better!

Author:  Kremmen [ Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

I can't ever remember using mine. As above I look and think ahead.

Author:  john [ Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

i had a van that the horn did not work at first mot ,3 years , they found it had never been connected
yes i should have checked , but i never find the reason to use it .

Author:  Jon [ Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

I very rearely use the horn, and am constantly making allowance for some of the incredibly bad driving that's out there, but I have to confess, I did just the other morning on the way home from work give someone an almighty blast. I think they needed to know that what they did was totally unacceptable and very dangerous.

They joined the A40 just after Hanger Lane, where there is a hatched division for some distance between lanes 1 and 2, meaning people joining are not allowed to cross to the middle lane until the hatching disappears.

There was absolutely NOTHING in front of them on the inside lane, and no need whatsoever for them to want to join the middle lane. Despite this, and without indicating, they decided to start drifting over in front of me.

It's already irritating when people joining from slip roads decide they want to go straight into the middle lane for no reason anyway. But when they do it in a place where they're specifically not allowed to do it, it's even more annoying. So yes, I gave them an almighty blast, and they waited till I passed. I think I did the right thing. (I've got slightly less patience after a long night shift anyway.)

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

There are some right idiots out there who seemingly cannot drive behind anyone. They always have to be in front even though it may only take seconds off their journey.

I'm now at the time of life where I go with the flow and I get to my destination far more refreshed than these 'boy racers'.

I like it when they get stuck in the wrong lane at a junction or traffic lights. Invariably they haven't left enough room in front of them to pull out of that lane so are now behind me. I always leave a car's length in front when I stop so I can manoeuvre out of that lane should it baulk.

Author:  Jon [ Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

I confess, yes, I used my horn again tonight. I was coming off the M25 at Heathrow to join the M4. The car exiting in front of me got slower... and slower.... and ... STOPPED COMPLETELY!!! He'd clearly decided he'd chosen the wrong exit. He totally stopped in the middle of a major exit from the M25, and once I'd passed him, in my mirror I saw him drive across oncoming traffic to the hard shoulder. I presume his next trick was going to be to reverse along the hard shoulder and carry out a death-defying manoeuvre to get back on the M25.

Later, as I joined the A40 at Northolt to head in to London, I patiently let a people carrier which was in the wrong lane come in front of me, then as we both joined the A40 he, for no reason at all, went straight across to the middle lane causing a car coming down the middle lane to brake hard (he tooted and put his lights on full beam).

My own suspicion is that many of the people responsible for the mind blowingly awful driving that's an increasing feature of British roads have not passed a UK driving test.

Author:  Kremmen [ Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

I agree. Some of the stunts I see I can't believe they've passed the test.

Author:  Westonman [ Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

Many years ago I was in my car queuing to enter the multi-story car park in Uxbridge. I had driven up the whirligig access ramp to the top level, where I found the traffic was queuing for parking slots. The cars in front of mine were slowly finding parking bays, until eventually there was only one car in front of mine; this last car began to move slowly forward until it was about 20 feet in front of my car, when the female driver stopped her car, engaged reverse and proceeded to reverse towards my car at speed. I had nowhere to go because of a car behind me, so I leant on the horn – and there was no sound – I nearly pushed the horn button through the steering wheel – but no sound; then there was that horrifying sound of grinding metal and broken glass as the car in front stove in the front of my car. Since then I periodically sound my horn to check it still works.

Author:  Jon [ Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Car Horns

Wow!!! That must have been TERRIFYING!!

So... did you get your horn fixed after that?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/