News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 2
I remember a DIY store near the Adam and Eve on the Uxbridge Road. It was called Nailards or something similar.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:50 pm
Posts: 65
Pinky wrote:
I remember a DIY store near the Adam and Eve on the Uxbridge Road. It was called Nailards or something similar.

Yes, but I think they didn't open until mid/late 70s.
Phil


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:19 pm
Posts: 2
Aha, ok sorry- I wasnt born til the 70''s haha.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
I remember Nailards although I thought it was in Pump Lane!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
There was a lovely hardware shop in Yiewsley High Street and I can't remember what it was called. You would go inside it and it seemed to go back for ever - it was really long.

Can anybody remember the name of it? (it's bugging me now)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 pm
Posts: 2
The shop in question was called S&S Hardware in Pump Lane, at the top next to the corrugated iron Labour Hall. I think mention of it is in Ronnie Barker's autobiography.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:47 am
Posts: 6
Location: Skegness, Ex Harmondsworth Road, West Drayton
Sunshine wrote:
There was a lovely hardware shop in Yiewsley High Street and I can't remember what it was called. You would go inside it and it seemed to go back for ever - it was really long.

Can anybody remember the name of it? (it's bugging me now)


I think it was called Smith & Haynes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Yes it was. Brilliant hardware shop. They had everything and were so helpful.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
S & S is the one I was confusing with Nailards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
wattsit wrote:
The shop in question was called S&S Hardware in Pump Lane, at the top next to the corrugated iron Labour Hall. I think mention of it is in Ronnie Barker's autobiography.

The TV producer says he doesn't name the shop in his book. Barry Raymond has emailed to say he thinks it was Goodrich. Also, the Gazette have emailed to say they'd like to do a story on this.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke