News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Now then, when you've all quite finished arguing can I have my seaweed back please :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Moley wrote:
Now then, when you've all quite finished arguing can I have my seaweed back please :lol:


You can ..... but I'm afraid I lost the string :D

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Pam wrote:
But when you said 'let's send Jane a stone', I thought you meant some jewellery!


:lol: your both gems. :lol: :lol:

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Oooo Batty you are awful.......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Batty bat wrote:
Pam wrote:
But when you said 'let's send Jane a stone', I thought you meant some jewellery!


:lol: your both gems. :lol: :lol:


Awwww ... flattery will get you everywhere :lol:

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Batty bat wrote:
Pam wrote:
But when you said 'let's send Jane a stone', I thought you meant some jewellery!


:lol: your both gems. :lol: :lol:



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jane wrote:
Moley wrote:
Now then, when you've all quite finished arguing can I have my seaweed back please :lol:


You can ..... but I'm afraid I lost the string :D


Oh for heavens sake Jane. An important weather event about to happen and my vital tools of the trade are dispersed all over the Borough :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
So - noon to midnight we are going to get lashed :(

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Kremmen wrote:
So - noon to midnight we are going to get lashed :(


I'll be doing a detailed update shortly Kremm but the outer rain band is now approximately 30 minutes south of London. There's a lot of information coming in for me to try and interpret, and its not easy without my seaweed and string.

Moley :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
*** UPDATED SATURDAY NOVEMBER 24th 2012 @ 0900 Hrs ***

The calm before the storm ??

First of all I'm quite suprised by the lack of activity so far this morning on the weather websites I frequent, but I expect that to pick up as we go through the day.

The centre of this Low Pressure System is still some way to our south, and it will be a few hours yet before it reaches our southern shores, but even then the worst of the winds will be on its southern flank some hours later. Best guesstimate so far is for the worst of the winds to affect Southern Coastal Counties late this evening and overnight, then run through the rest of The South East during the early hours of Sunday morning.

Predicted windspeeds have so far been up and down like a yo-yo to be honest. The main concern right now seems to be for rainfall amounts and further flooding. The West Country may yet again bear the brunt of this, with a further 1-2 inches falling on already saturated ground.

The very latest model runs show this system following a near identical track to the Storm of October 1987. Landfall expected along the South Coast in the Hampshire/Dorset region, then travelling rapidly north east out into the North Sea off the coast of East Anglia by Sunday afternoon. Having said that I don't think this system is going to be anywhere near as severe, but still needs paying attention to.

During daylight hours here in the London area I think its just going to be a case of some pretty wet and miserable conditions. The worst of the windy weather will most likely be overnight.

My thoughts on potential windspeeds ?

Inland I think 45-50mph gusts. Southern Coastal Counties, 55-65mph gusts quite possible, I wouldn't want to be crossing The English Channel on a boat or ferry overnight though. Storm Force 10 gales are being predicted there.

Be careful out there. Moley :?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke