News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
I find it amusing that the Met office have access to a £zillion super computer, satellites, aircraft, balloons, radar, & top boffins such as Professor M Fish, but seem to make regular absolute howlers when it comes to forecasting.

and then there;s Moley, who has a PC, some seaweed and a stone tied to a piece of string, who manages to time the storm last night almost to the minute.

Well done to you Moley


Attachments:
Moley.doc [182 KiB]
Downloaded 280 times
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
SOT wrote:
I find it amusing that the Met office have access to a £zillion super computer, satellites, aircraft, balloons, radar, & top boffins such as Professor M Fish, but seem to make regular absolute howlers when it comes to forecasting.

and then there;s Moley, who has a PC, some seaweed and a stone tied to a piece of string, who manages to time the storm last night almost to the minute.

Well done to you Moley


:oops: Now that really did make me laugh out loud SOT. Im up the creek without a paddle now though, my seaweed got blown away in last nights winds. If anyone finds it can they please ensure its safe return ?

All joking aside though I think the Met Office come in for a lot of unfair criticism. A fair bit of my predictions are based on information I read and interpret from them, but I use other sources as well. However I will no doubt fall on my backside as I try try and plot the track and timing of this weekends storm. More to follow, but thanks again for reading and posting.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Thanks Moley .... my friend in Tiverton is fine ... she tells me that today the rain has stopped and the water is going down. Also Swindon is dry and bright.
On the downside, I popped outside last night and got smacked in the face by a large piece of old seaweed !! If anyone knows who lost it I'd be interested ..... where theres blame theres a claim :) :)

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
jane wrote:
Thanks Moley .... my friend in Tiverton is fine ... she tells me that today the rain has stopped and the water is going down. Also Swindon is dry and bright.
On the downside, I popped outside last night and got smacked in the face by a large piece of old seaweed !! If anyone knows who lost it I'd be interested ..... where theres blame theres a claim :) :)



Was it tied to a stone ? :roll:

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Batty bat wrote:



Was it tied to a stone ? :roll:


It was :o OMG .... do you know something about this Batty :lol:

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
I could do with losing a few stone ( at least 5 ) I wish. but, alas not me. I just heard a rumor.

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Don't believe him Jane! He woz the one who did it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Posts: 329
Ok Pam. If you want to spill the bean. Then "yes" I did it, and Jane, she was there too. So, what are going to do now PAM?

_________________
Posts often deleted................Why? I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
But when you said 'let's send Jane a stone', I thought you meant some jewellery!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke