News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:47 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 183  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Pam wrote:
Image


No need to over do it Pam. I thought you were hibernating anyway ??!!

:o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
I got bored! ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Pam wrote:
I got bored! ;)


Are my forecasts really that bad...... :(

Well as the weather front approaches.........stand by and batten down the hatches .


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meshocn2mZQ

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Noooo!! not your posts! I meant it was boring hibernating! ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Pam wrote:
Noooo!! not your posts! I meant it was boring hibernating! ;)


Ok !!

Well this weather front and squall line is certainly showing signs of intensifying as it heads towards London and The South East. Timing its exact arrival is difficult, but I would say between 9pm - 11pm is a fair bet.

The initial squall line will produce some very strong winds for 10-15 minutes, and behind that is a band of heavy rain which will probably last for an hour or so.

All eyes on the weekend now, and thats not looking good.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
I've just spoken to my friend in Tiverton .... poor lady has had rain and hail since midday today and now high winds. The canal in the next village collapsed last night and the people had to be evacuated. They are set to lose power at any time :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am
Posts: 463
Spot on as always Moley .... 10.59pm and it is lashing down in Hayes !!! Even my dogs wont go out in the garden ....... now for the wind :(

_________________
I do not suffer fools !!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jane wrote:
I've just spoken to my friend in Tiverton .... poor lady has had rain and hail since midday today and now high winds. The canal in the next village collapsed last night and the people had to be evacuated. They are set to lose power at any time :(


Tiverton seems to be an area thats been quite badly affected, and your friend's experience ties in with a lot of reports I have read from there. Hope she's ok. While I am admittedly a fan of severe weather events Im also mindful of the devastating effect it can sometimes have on peoples lives, property and posessions :(

Well guess who went to bed early and slept right through the whole thing ? So if it reached Hayes at 10:59pm I got the timing right by the skin of my teeth. Lol !!

Friday will be a much better day and should remain dry and less windy compared with recent days, before the next onslaught arrives over the weekend. I will be updating more information on that later today.

Thanks again for reading, and I really appreciate folk taking the time to post.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
jane wrote:
......... The canal in the next village collapsed last night and the people had to be evacuated. They are set to lose power at any time :(


Some ( poor quality ) video footage of the collapsing canal bank here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... winds.html

Why cant people just keep the bl**dy camera still when filming ??!!

I have to laugh at the Daily Fails over the top headline once again. 90mph gales over the weekend.....really ?? They just thought of a number and nearly doubled it, and this is what really annoys me about newspaper coverage of weather events. A remote mountain top somewhere in Scotland or North Wales might see wind gusts of around 90mph, but where the vast majority of the population live, I am expecting gusts to be in the region of 40-50mph, perhaps a little higher on south and west facing coastal areas.

I could be wrong though, which is why I will be monitoring the situation closely and trying to post some regular updates.

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
'between 9 and 11' was spot on :)

Battering the windows it was :(

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 183  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke