| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Electric Charges https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=980 |
Page 1 of 3 |
| Author: | MikeBat [ Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Electric Charges |
No wonder the utility companies are making such HUGE PROFITS I have just received my last 3 months electric bill it was £1097.00 and thats not including gas, how some people manage I just don't know. Roll on the summer at least then we only get wet and not cold. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
How much ? !!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm paying £29 a month for lecky and £44 a month for gas. Direct Debit, British Gas, duel fuel. I've been on numerous comparison sites and BG do quite well so I stick with them. |
|
| Author: | MikeBat [ Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
I always have had quite high utility bills but this ones just seems over the top, my wife has just reminded me that we had a new digital meter in October,questions to be ask I think.!!! |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
Oh my goodness!! That can't be right Mike, but then I'm amazed by yours Kremmen too. I used to pay about £80 a month each on direct debit. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
We pay £103 per month for both electric and gas combined. We don't have a tumble drier, electric cooker or immersion heater and I rarely do any ironing (just thought I'd get that one in) Are you sure that bill is correct Mikebat? It's an awful lot |
|
| Author: | Batty bat [ Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
MikeBat wrote: No wonder the utility companies are making such HUGE PROFITS I have just received my last 3 months electric bill it was £1097.00 and thats not including gas, how some people manage I just don't know. Roll on the summer at least then we only get wet and not cold. You may want to check thing like the fridge is working properly. E.g getting cold, then switching off. Has the washing machine got an electric water heater and has been switched on accidentally. Do you have a freezer? Is it set to its lowest temp? How long since it been defrosted? It seem like something is on and shouldn't be. |
|
| Author: | mwp [ Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
I'm in a four bedroom detached house on a fixed price until 2014.I have insulated walls and roof area.I'm with Scottish Power,I pay between £108/£116 per month,this is for gas and electricity also boiler service once a year and breakdown cover which I have used last year and cost me nothing. I'm running two fridge/freezers,washing and drier.Seems to me you need to have your meter checked,perhaps you are growing something special in the greenhouse. |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
Do you have your actual meter readings ? I keep a spreadsheet and on average I'm sure I'm paying 51p for a unit of gas and 13p for a unit of electricity (I'm in the office so I'll confirm those figures over the weekend). Using those figures I can, near enough, work out what my next bill is going to be. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
Our supplier asks me for readings on a monthly basis by email so we always know how much we owe. Are you sure your neighbours aren't using your supply? |
|
| Author: | MikeBat [ Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Electric Charges |
I have recently changed to Scottish Power and do my own meter readings thanks for all suggestion will try them all |
|
| Page 1 of 3 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|