News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
I witnessed a 13 year old collide with a van at Hillingdon Circus this afternoon. God knows where the young lad's head was, but is was not connected to his eyes as he seeming cycled without looking across the three lanes Freezeland Way (was the A40). The van driver did his best to avoid the lad, but struck him full on pushing the bike some 15ft into the middle of the junction & forcing the lad up and over the bonnet before crashing down on his un-helmeted head from about 4ft up in the air

Thanks (not) to two idiots who tried to run me over as I crossed the junction to this help the lad and shocked driver.

He had a huge bloody lump on his head within seconds. But although full of denial of his pain ( "I am OK") he did agree to an ambulance being called as he'd had quite a bump.

And 10/10 for the LAS, as an ambulance car was there within 6 or 7 minutes of the 999 call and the paramedic listened respectfully to what I told him I had seen, before starting his survey of the lad. A proper 'scoop and run' ambulance arrived in another 3 mins

At a time when the media (and lets be honest, all of us) seem to criticise so easily, I thought I would post a more positive post about when a much respected public service gets it right. Mind you, God knows what happened when he eventually got to Hillingdon Hospital :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Posts: 1061
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.
Well done to you as well SOT!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Yes , well done. I wonder if we'll hear any more ?

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 659
I had a text from his mum (I had tried to phone her as he had no credit, so she had my phone no) and she said he was relatively well, but had been taken to St Mary's in Paddington and was to be detained overnight. I was pleased as it was quite a knock to his head

That seems quite a long way as the A+Es at Hillingdon, Northwick Park, Ealing, Central Middlesex, Ashford, Wexham Park and West Middlesex are all nearer. God knows what will happen after all of these A&E closures in NW London


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 pm
Posts: 2807
Well done SOT, what a hero!! (I can't remember, are you the one that works for one of the other emergency services?)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke