| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Song Contest Top 4 https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Marian [ Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Song Contest Top 4 |
Hello, everyone. Just calling in to say that the top 4 songs announced on Monday evening in the Oldie Composers Song Contest were Song 10 .. Cry Song 33 .. Love's Forever, Song 42 .. Peace for The Child Song 43 .. Requiem For A Soldier. Congratulations to Marina, Trevor, Maggie and John. More comments can be read on the Oldie Composers Facebook page. Thankyou, again, to those who voted for my songs and for the encouraging comments about Angel of Love, and the contrasting I Don't Know Why. Luckily, I didn't dare pin my hopes on getting to the winning post and found it rewarding to have got into the Top 50 initially, and then, interesting, that I Don't Know Why I hope it is alright to post this update here now that the original thread on the old site has gone. Thankyou and Best Wishes from Marian |
|
| Author: | davrob [ Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Song Contest Top 4 |
I'm sorry that neither of Marian's songs made it to the final four. One of them should have done. Let's hope the contest is to be repeated. |
|
| Author: | Marian [ Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Song Contest Top 4 |
Davrob: Thankyou for those kind words but I knew I wouldn't be able to get the amount of votes needed to get through. I am not on Twitter or Facebook, and wouldn't have had time over Christmas to arrange any publicity or promotion. I am grateful for the support from people who did vote though. x |
|
| Author: | percy1234 [ Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Song Contest Top 4 |
Marain, Regret that your songs did not make it they were both excellent, so well done on that. i can only hope should their be another contest, the organisers will next time approach their task, and be a little bit more transparent or fairer towards the contestants as a hold. Percy. |
|
| Author: | Marian [ Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Song Contest Top 4 |
Thankyou, Percy, and to others who have expressed the same sentiments. The organisers must have put a lot of hard work into the arranging and running of the contest, which was mainly to raise awareness for the Barnardo's charity. To actually hold a contest for the over 40's was marvellous because I have found there to be an age limit in many contests I have read about, so chances for more mature, (agewise), composers to take part have not been there. I think the most difficult part of this contest was being required to ask for votes, something which I didn't really like doing, personally, because I'd rather the songs be judged on their quality and appeal. Obviously, some people had a wider range of potential voters than others and that is where the fairness has been questioned. I believe that, because the point has been raised on the Facebook page, this part of the contest will be looked at if the contest is held again. Taking part and knowing we were helping to raise money for the charity was the most important thing.. Anything else good that happens as a result of taking part in contests is a bonus. I think that there are rewards in lots of other ways and in this case, composers had a chance for their work to be heard and appreciated by those who wanted to support the contest. All the songwriter competitors who work hard at their art, if they are like me, will be grateful they had that chance again. Thankyou again, and also for reading this, because I know that the subject is not everyone's cup of tea. From Marian. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|