| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Hayes to Northolt https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=835 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Brian [ Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hayes to Northolt |
Just found this on Utube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg1BLLdncpQ |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
Thanks. That brought back a few memories |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
I remember when I used to drive through there on the way home and the traffic ran free like that, it didn't show your house Brian or the original White Hart roundabout with the willow tree. How it has all changed now |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
I remember catching the 140 to school in Northolt. There were traffic queues most of the way from the White Hart to the Target and it probably would have been quicker to walk. We used to get off the bus by Northolt Station and walk to school that way. The swimming pool was being built while I was in my last year at school. |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
Wow Sunshine your showing your age |
|
| Author: | Batty bat [ Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
Sunshine wrote: I remember catching the 140 to school in Northolt. There were traffic queues most of the way from the White Hart to the Target and it probably would have been quicker to walk. We used to get off the bus by Northolt Station and walk to school that way. The swimming pool was being built while I was in my last year at school. Was that the "Swimarama" somebody was talking to me about that place just the other day. |
|
| Author: | jim [ Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
The housing estate (not on film) when you pass northolt station on the left I remember that estate when it was Northolt Race track for ponies and sometimes horses, |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
chris_guest wrote: Wow Sunshine your showing your age She doesn't really remember Chris, she's pretending as she was far too young ! Her Mum told her about it! |
|
| Author: | Kremmen [ Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
I still think if they opened up Hayes town the traffic would flow far better than now where the By-pass is a bottleneck. I remember the first few weeks of the By-pass opening, before anyone really knew about it, it was almost empty. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hayes to Northolt |
The traffic going through Hayes town was a nightmare and that's why they built the by-pass. I think they should have left the town open though for local traffic. Looking back, it's amazing how the area has changed in just a few years. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|