| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| The soundtrack of my life..... https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=598 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Jon [ Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | The soundtrack of my life..... |
Thanks to Youtube and cars now taking memory sticks, I am really wallowing in nostalgia. I am finding every song I ever liked hearing on the radio from the time I could walk and talk, playing them on Youtube and recording them onto my PC, then downloading onto a memory stick for listening to in the car! I must just share this one... what a voice.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fv ... 0dmK7O-KSY |
|
| Author: | chris_guest [ Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The soundtrack of my life..... |
| Author: | Pam [ Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The soundtrack of my life..... |
Excellent! |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The soundtrack of my life..... |
There's a very sad video on Youtube of him singing it in 2003 at an open air event in New Zealand. He looks very old and frail and very few people were taking any notice. He still had a good voice and the pianist accompanying him was excellent. Apparently it was five months before he died. There's a lot of criticism from viewers of his family that he should have been out there performing at that stage in his life, but that's just daft. You could see he was in his element and quite obviously enjoyed performing. Very sad though that no one seemed to be taking much notice. I had totally, totally forgotten until I stumbled across this video that I was in Barker's of Kensington once, probably about 1979, when I was a teenage GPO telephones apprentice (I was working in the 937 exchange nearby). He was in there signing copies of an LP he'd just brought out. I had bought the Whispering Grass single and played it to death, so I bought one of his LPs and had a few words with him as he signed it. As I say, I'd totally forgotten about it, came back to me just the other evening when I was showing this Youtube vid to my folks. I'm hoping now I might find the LP somewhere. |
|
| Author: | Rich Kid [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The soundtrack of my life..... |
I remember seeing Don Estelle some years ago in some run-down shopping centre singing with a backing tape perched on a small table. He was trying to sell his CD's but very few people stopped - it was quite sad to see him there. But he still had the voice! |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The soundtrack of my life..... |
Hello stranger! Hope all is well! I also remember seeing Don Estelle in a precinct or somewhere, might have been Uxbridge! |
|
| Author: | Rich Kid [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: The soundtrack of my life..... |
I'm well Pam and have just found my way back to the board. Talking about soundtracks of life ....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BTx8uuSD7Y |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|