WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Tesco's £1
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=577
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 am ]
Post subject:  Tesco's £1

Tesco Yeading has introduced those trolleys that need a pound to unlock them.

Brilliant idea and it should have been introduced years ago to stop the local streets and all of Tesco's car park being littered with the things.

'She' has already encountered the con artists.

1) One guy offered her 2 50p's before she docked her trolley. she said "I need this £1 for tomorrow", he said, "You can change them in the store", she said "So can you then".

2) One guy offered a handful of 1p and 2p coins insisting there was a £1. She just burst out laughing.

3) An elderly husband and wife team asked for her trolley before she parked it. She asked for a pound to replace the one in the trolley, They said "But we're pensioners".

All this in just 10 days !

One benefit though is that someone had forgotten to park their trolley and left it, £1 in place, right by the Jolly's Lane alleyway we use = £1 up thanks ever so

Author:  Lunar [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tesco's £1

The company I work for and the client have both given out discs for this and work great, no need to use money - plastic or metal work equally well. So I guess no more trolley dollys walking the car parks trying to manoeuvre a train of trollies between the cars and traffic. Look out for them in promotional events etc. in the shopping malls, usually free after a sales pitch!

Author:  Kremmen [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tesco's £1

I have got one on a keyring but when I tried it I had to remove it from the clip to get it to go far enough in.

By the time I'd unclipped it from the keyring, dropped it, I considered it easier to take a coin out of my pocket.

I need one that can stay clipped to the keychain.

I used to have one that looked like a small spoon and the handle made it very easy to use.

Author:  chris_guest [ Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tesco's £1

I love it no more trolleys left all over my road and to be honest have also noticed a lot less foot traffic past my house as I assume people are now driving to the store because they don't walk to trolleys home. Saying that there are still quite a few of the old trolleys where you dont need £1. I notice they have now requested to open on Sundays and Bank Holidays from 8am to 9pm.

Author:  Black Fox [ Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tesco's £1

[img]C:\Users\Terry\Pictures\Funny%20Stuff\How%20to%20annoy%20someone%20for%20a%20£1.jpg[/img]

Attachments:
How to annoy someone for a £1.jpg
How to annoy someone for a £1.jpg [ 41.49 KiB | Viewed 6405 times ]

Author:  Sunshine [ Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tesco's £1

If you wanted a trolley for use at home or in the garden £1 is a brilliant price to pay for it.

Tesco in Slough changed to £1 trolleys ages ago but the one near us in Cowley doesn't charge.

I haven't noticed anybody taking them out of the store car park yet.

Author:  Kremmen [ Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tesco's £1

Black Fox wrote:
[img]C:\Users\Terry\Pictures\Funny%20Stuff\How%20to%20annoy%20someone%20for%20a%20£1.jpg[/img]


Do Tesco sell bolt cutters ? :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/