| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=572 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | SOT [ Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
Mrs SOT is currently recovering from a substantial op and needs some very light exercise (walking) daily. She's a bit fed up with the same walk down the shops during the week, and she can't use the car until I am home at the weekend. (or indeed, she can't travel too comfortably in it either). So today I racked my brains thinking of somewhere near (North Hillingdon), flat and un-crowded. We ended up spending 25 minutes walking around Norman Leddy Gardens, next to Hayes Cricket club in Grange Road. I had not been there for years, and what a lovely little tranquil oasis it still is. I (like a lot of us here) enjoy a good old grumble about LBH, but credit where it's due, the LBH team who look after these gardens do a pretty good job. http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/index.jsp?articleid=14368 So where else is there in LBH within 15 minutes of Hillingdon Circus, where we can walk for about 30 mins, where it's flat, un-crowded, and has reasonably close free parking? |
|
| Author: | mwp [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
I suggest Cranford park,Denham village,you can park the car free of charge and choose your walk.Good luck. |
|
| Author: | jim [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
That little oasis is one of the Boroughs best kept secrets. used to play there as a kid when it was the cricket ground. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
I remember Norman Leddy - he was a lovely man. One day he left his dog in his car while he went to the nearby shops. It was asleep on the back seat so he left the window open so the dog would stay comfortable. When he got back a car thief had opened the car and sat in the driver's seat (ready to go, I suppose) and the dog had let him get into the car but wouldn't let him out again. I think he said it was a red setter (I'm struggling to remember now) I can't remember what Norman said he did with the guy but it gave me a laugh when he told me about it. (We didn't have mobile phones in those days) I must go and look at the gardens - I've never been there. |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
Sunshine wrote: I remember Norman Leddy - he was a lovely man. ........the dog had let him get into the car but wouldn't let him out again. .......... What a brilliant guard dog. Protects your property and nicks the villain. |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
That's the best type to have isn't it? |
|
| Author: | jim [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
we had an all white bull terrier, one dy my dads business partner came around while he was out to borrow some tool or other, made a fuss of the dog, then wrote a note sying Thanks Ted for the loan of whatever, and with the help of the dog, could have unloaded the house then slid it under the kitchen door, when dad got home he was sitting out the back stroking the dog, and told my dad he just would not let him out. |
|
| Author: | Brian [ Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
We've got a watch dog, he'd watch you take the lot |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
My friend had a West Highland Terrier and she used to leave it in the kitchen at night and put her handbag alongside the dog's basket for him to keep an eye on. You wouldn't think such a little dog could guard anything but one night her husband couldn't sleep so he got up to make himself tea and decided to help himself to one of his wife's cigarettes (from the handbag) The dog bit him hard and drew blood. I thought that was hilarious and told him it served him right |
|
| Author: | Jon [ Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Strolling Around Norman Leddy Gardens |
Norman Leddy Park (or the Hayes Botanical Gardens) is one of the wonders of the borough. Would Ruislip Lido possibly be another alternative for a little stroll? |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|