News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Ok, I know this is probably the wrong forum but its more likely to be read here than elsewhere. Apologies to the Mods if this is not ok, please feel free to move it.

As a result of long standing ( and ongoing ) health problems my flat has fallen into a very sorry state of disrepair and neglect.
My Housing Association landlord has shown no inclination whatsoever to assist, despite my offers to pay them for any work undertaken, hence my request here.

Can anyone recommend a local reasonably priced, reliable and trustworthy painter/decorator who might be interested in a bit of work ? Quite a bit of work as it happens. Not all at once but over a period of time ( as funds permit ) Im looking to have the following work done.

Bedroom: Carpet replaced, re-decorated.

Hallway: Carpet replaced, re-decorated

Bathroom: Flooring replaced, re-decorated

Living room: The last person I paid to do this made a complete and utter bodge job of the flooring in particular. I cant even open my back door following the recent rain !! This room needs a lick of paint and a bit of work on the flooring.

Kitchen: Eventually I would like to replace the cupboard doors, oven and work-tops, but for now the flooring and a lick of paint will have to suffice. I have the ceramic tiles for the floor, just need someone to fit them.

The main stumbling block for me is moving furniture to allow the work to be done, I cannot physically do it. In desperation I have even contacted some of these tv makeover programmes in the past, lol.

I dont have the exact dimensions to hand, but basically it is a small ground floor flat, with ample parking for a workmans van on site. Im a shift worker so would probably have to move out whenever any work is being carried out.......hence its ESSENTIAL that the person is trustworthy beyond doubt.

Its a big ask I know, but if you know of any such person please pm me with contact details etc.

Many thanks. Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Moley

I've had a quick look on the 'WhichLocal' website for recommended Painters and Decorators in your area.

The best and nearest seems to be:

Terry Irving

6 Embleton Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD19 7PN

Tel: 020 8428 4516
Mob: 07900 267065

Quote:
got terry through my mother inlaw coz he painted hallway and 3 bedrooms well wot can i say price was good arrived on time and took pride in his work covered everything in dust sheets and lft the place clean when he left nice work hes coming back to more work for me in the new year.


Quote:
Terry carried out some decorating in my kitchen. His enthusiasm was most impressive, particularly given that the job was comparatively small and simple. I was very satisfied with his work and his bill was far lower than I had expected. I will most certainly be using him again in the future and I would most certainly recommend him.


Quote:
Terry decorated our hall/landing 3 years ago and this year our lounge, dining room and bedroom. He is courteous, trustworthy and hardworking. He takes great pride in doing everything thoroughly and with the best materials.


Best I can do :)

WhichLocal is a Which? magazine members site where you can recommend tradespeople for others to benefit from.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
^^ Thanks for that Kremm....I will be phoning him this afternoon

Just called him. He was up a scaffolding tower at Windsor Castle at the time and will call me back. If he's good enough for Her Majesty he's good enough for me !!

Moley 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
HerMaj must think the whole country smells of paint. Everywhere she goes must have a fresh coat :lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
Kremmen wrote:
HerMaj must think the whole country smells of paint. Everywhere she goes must have a fresh coat :lol:

I never bother when she comes around here. ;) ;)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
Do you have a red carpet in the hall though ? :)

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
nah that would mean putting a door mat down at the front door ;) ;)

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
So far so good. The guy turned up on time and is preparing a quote. I'll keep you posted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I hope it works out well for you

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decorator wanted
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:08 am
Posts: 1294
Location: Floating on a cloud
Sunshine wrote:
I hope it works out well for you

:D


Thanks Sunshine 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke