WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

Lubbly jublee
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=429
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jim [ Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Lubbly jublee

60 years on Hermaj still going strong, what an example too us all, today she done her thing, she does best, not many wimmin would stand that long on a rainy day, and Phil the Greek stood at her side the whole time, what a good choice he turned out to be, felt sorry for Charlie boy, with his luggage, no accounting for taste or what! I still think he was blackmailed, or nuts, the boys were a credit to their mum, all in all, makes ya feel good to be English. ;) ;)

Author:  Sunshine [ Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

Jim, you had me in fits of laughter then.

I agree with all of it. I thought they did well standing all that time in the cold and wet. It took three years to plan and was fantastic to watch.

Author:  SOT [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

I loved the fact that someone has spent a fortune designing the Royal Barge and ensuring Her Maj & Phil have two throne seats placed in line with the river, in which to sit and watch the action. However, Liz decides to stand the whole way. However,, nobody thought to put a side mounted seat in to she could sit when reviewing the flotilla. This is when she looked a bit cold & knackered, literally hanging on to the throne chair for support.

What with that chair positioning design cock up and the fashion mistake of seemingly not having a plan B (Heavy coat) to cover the likelihood of inclement weather, I think she and Phil did amazingly well for people of their advanced years. I bet she will be knackered today and really looking forward to staying up late listening to Tom Jones and Madness late into the night (and then having a disturbed sleep as contractors demolish the stage overnight outside Buck House).

Author:  Sunshine [ Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

I think they both do really well as they're way past the age where most of us would have retired.

Author:  jim [ Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

three cheers for them, not a task taken lightly at 86 I am sure, but whatever your views on royalty, she done her bit very well, and now deserves a rest, we must be the envy of the world due to her, and how such a thing highlighted the togetherness of the country, the pride that is so evident, with the many thousands who stood in the rain, being British is not just a birth right, some of us work at it. ;) ;)

Author:  jim [ Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

SOT wrote:
I loved the fact that someone has spent a fortune designing the Royal Barge and ensuring Her Maj & Phil have two throne seats placed in line with the river,

I think the Idea of swivel chairs that could turn 360 degrees, set a bit further aft, was beyond the head designer at B&Q. ;) ;)

Author:  SOT [ Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

jim wrote:
SOT wrote:
I loved the fact that someone has spent a fortune designing the Royal Barge and ensuring Her Maj & Phil have two throne seats placed in line with the river,

I think the Idea of swivel chairs that could turn 360 degrees, set a bit further aft, was beyond the head designer at B&Q. ;) ;)



Maybe beyond B&Q's top designers Jim, but surely Cameron's coalition could supply an expert, as they seem to be adept at the quick change in direction lately!! :roll:

I was working today in the Westminster area today and had a great lunchtime walk in the area soaking up the atmosphere. Great stuff!

Author:  jim [ Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lubbly jublee

trial and error Government, nothing new there, other than admitting they got it wrong first time. :o ;)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/