WESTLONDONCHAT.COM
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/

My Good News
https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=365
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Moley [ Wed May 09, 2012 4:40 am ]
Post subject:  My Good News

I thought I would put this in Light Chat as an appropriate place for my personal bit of good news. Feel free to skip over and ignore it if you want, I can understand that.

The last 12 months have been a personal nightmare where it seemed everything that could go wrong did go wrong, then multiplied. I won't go into the details but suffice to say that following a long bout of ill health I was within a whisker of losing my job and all that goes with it.

At about the 11th hour and 55 minutes with the clock still ticking, a friend, and a neighbour intervened and within 3 days between us we turned my whole life around. Almost a year to the day since I last set foot ( and broken hip !! ) in my workplace, I am about to return to work on Thursday May 10th 2012 and I cannot begin to explain how good that feels.

I sometimes thought that a light at the end of the tunnel meant a train was coming the other way, but not any more.

Some of you will know my passion for weather, so I can hopefully share a little piece of my current sunshine with you.

Thanks for reading as always.

Moley 8-) 8-) :)

Author:  Kremmen [ Wed May 09, 2012 7:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

Glad you've got a neighbour like that. Round my way they keep themselves to themselves and never keep promises.

Author:  jim [ Wed May 09, 2012 8:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

I am pleased for you as life is hard enough as it is, when thing are are normal, hats off to your employer, 12 months is a long time to hold a job open nowadays, I hope things return to normal very soon for you, and get back into the rhythm. ;) ;)

Author:  Sunshine [ Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

What good news! Well done Moley

I've recently returned to work after a 15 week illness and it feels fantastic to be back in the old routine. I can't imagine being off for a whole year ......


:D

Author:  Pam [ Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

Soo pleased for you Moley! x

Author:  Brian [ Wed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

Good on ya Moley
:D

Author:  Moley [ Wed May 09, 2012 9:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

Thank you all for the good wishes.....its like being among friends here and its really appreciated. Jim is right about my employer, to hold my job open for this long is exceptional in this day and age. I would happily name them and give fulll credit where its due, but they have a strict code regarding social media and websites.

Whatever your circumstances, I wish you all the very best.

Moley 8-)

Author:  Pam [ Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

Moley wrote:
Thank you all for the good wishes.....its like being among friends here and its really appreciated. Jim is right about my employer, to hold my job open for this long is exceptional in this day and age. I would happily name them and give fulll credit where its due, but they have a strict code regarding social media and websites.

Whatever your circumstances, I wish you all the very best.

Moley 8-)



:D :D

Author:  SOT [ Thu May 10, 2012 6:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

Moley

Congratulations to you on your return to work. It's now 5:38pm - How did you get on with your 1st day back????? Have you enough energy to log on!!?!!

Author:  Moley [ Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: My Good News

SOT wrote:
Moley

Congratulations to you on your return to work. It's now 5:38pm - How did you get on with your 1st day back????? Have you enough energy to log on!!?!!


Hiya SOT and thanks for the message. Im pleased to report that I not only made the first day, but I also survived to tell the tale. If there is one minor downside its the fact I have initially returned on a Monday-Friday 9-5 basis while I complete all my retraining and accreditations ( normally I work permanent night shifts ). As such the traffic is a bloomin hassle, even though I leave from home in Northwood at 7am. A 15 mile journey which I can do in 30 minutes takes between 60-90 minutes in peak time. I see they are also resurfacing Eastcote Road from next Monday, for the next 3 weeks, which will make it even worse.

Enough of the negatives though, I am just so pleased to be back in the real world, and my first day went really well, I could not have asked for more. My work colleagues were great, my Manager was a beacon of help and encouragement and I took 2 online training courses, passed them both so have 2 certificates to show for it.

Despite the gloomy weather my world is suddenly a whole lot brighter. I wish the same for all the folk on this website and their families. Thank you all once again.

Moley 8-)

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/