| WESTLONDONCHAT.COM https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/ |
|
| Orange Flags https://b65a9t-westlondonchatcom-7590.site.tb-hosting.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=324 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Brianathayes [ Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Orange Flags |
Driving around this area, I keep seeing little orange flags outside odd properties, with some sort of symbol in the centre. Has anyone any idea what they signify? |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
Probably a Sikh flag http://fotw.fivestarflags.com/rel-sikh.html |
|
| Author: | Brianathayes [ Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
That's it - thanks. I wonder why the rash of those now, though - I don't think there is any significant festival due? |
|
| Author: | jim [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
It would have been considered racist had they been union jacks, and somebody would have been in soapy bubble. |
|
| Author: | SOT [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
Brianathayes wrote: That's it - thanks. I wonder why the rash of those now, though - I don't think there is any significant festival due? Brian Almost certainly due to Guru Nanak's birthday on 15th April (This fella pretty much started Sikhism) . There;s always a huge celebration in Southall around that time and it is pretty spectacular with a procession and orange material, flags and clothing everywhere http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Nanak_Dev |
|
| Author: | rexy [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
I wonder what percentage of Union Jacks will be flown in the area. |
|
| Author: | Brianathayes [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
Come the Diamond Jubilee, there could be quite a few Union flags flying, I reckon - there'll be one on my house, for a start! |
|
| Author: | Pam [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
Brianathayes wrote: Come the Diamond Jubilee, there could be quite a few Union flags flying, I reckon - there'll be one on my house, for a start! |
|
| Author: | Sunshine [ Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
http://www.glow.co.uk/union-jack-100-led-bunting.html This is nice bunting ......... |
|
| Author: | rexy [ Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Orange Flags |
I was refering to St George's day on Monday the 23rd April. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|